Search the forum,

Discuss Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simbo116

I have had a call from a friend saying the display is reading OFF - SERVICE REQUIRED.Does anyone know how to reset this?I have not been to the house yet so do not have any more information.

My guess is... it is a service interval timer, you will need to ring the timer manufacterer and the will talk you through the process of how to reset or disable the yearly cut off......

I am sure you are right about the timer.Does this mean that every time we come across one that we will be ringing up manufacturers?

could be good business and h&s if they were all like this providing we have to proove whos calling for the code hmm?

They done this to a load of Worcesters too

Yeah, you can also buy Honeywell timers (designed for housing association properties) which will turn the power off after 12 months unless reset. This is because some tenants can be funny about letting engineers in to service their appliances.

However as a private owner you don't require this kind of hindrance and should speak with Vaillant.

Thanks everybody for your input.I shall keep it in mind when I look at the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vaillant Ecotec Plus in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Vaillant Ecotec Plus 832 boiler is 13 years old, 4 of which since we've been living there, started to play up in last couple of months. An engineer with very good reviews came round and says it will cost 700+VAT for 'replacement expansion vessel, pressure relief valve and diverter valve on...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am looking for a heating engineer to diagnose and resolve an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 combi boiler. Job Location: Copeland Rd, London. Job Description: Problem: The boiler is not providing heating under normal conditions, although hot water supply is fine. Interestingly...
Replies
Views
J
Morning all, My Vallient Ecotec Plus 831 is stored in the loft and is connected to Hive. It is coming on randomly at various times of the day, but particularly middle of the night, and staying on until I manually turn the boiler off. Hive schedule is switched off but still comes on. Had an...
Replies
Views
J Hughes
J
I recently had a new 2023 Vaillant ecoTec plus 630 (30kW) system boiler installed along with a Low Loss Header (LLH) in my house. I have 21 rads in the house and a room with UFH. The LLH was introduced as I was finding (before the LLH was fitted) that my old boiler (Vaillant heat-only boiler)...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Vaillant VRT 392 Thermostat just stopped working, it's completely dead, I read another thread suggesting changing batteries, but this model does not use batteries, it's wired to a Vaillant control center VR65 with eBUS, my boiler is Vaillant ecoTEC plus 624, anyone can help identify...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock