Discuss Vailant Ecotec pro 28 - in a cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JAP

We have had a Vailant Ecotec pro 28 installed in our 2nd bedroom and have also built a cupboard to hide the boiler. I assume the boiler has a balanced flue. With this in mind do we need to drill vent holes in the new cupboard?

As you can guess I'm not a plumber so any good/correct advice would be welcome

I wouldn't assume anything. It's a fan flued room sealed boiler. No ventilation is required. U could make a few vents to help heat room. Don't forget a carbon monoxide detector outside the cupboard !!!!!!

just ensure that the next plumber in there can actually get at the boiler without having to rip the cupboarddown as is the norm

just ensure that the next plumber in there can actually get at the boiler without having to rip the cupboarddown as is the norm

Thanks
Cupboard door comes off, to allow access and removal of the front panel and there is sufficient space to access the pipework going in/out.

should be enough,eh? its up for a service next month, so I guess will find out then

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Vailant Ecotec pro 28 - in a cupboard in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
We had water leak from the laundry sink into the cupboard below, then flow down the hole cut for the pipes (the hole was on the floor of the...
Replies
Views
James Auberon
J
Hi, I am replacing our 11 year old boiler (due to H.Ex. leak) with a new one. This is in a "sealed" system with red expansion vessel in airig...
Replies
Views
S
I was going to attempt to install a Tado thermostat in to an Ecotec Pro 28 but as soon as I opened the front cover a black air flow dropped out of...
Replies
Views
Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24. Hi all, we are having issues with hot water as it only stays hot for a few minutes for the taps and shower. You can...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long story short, our boiler has been replaced with a combi and the loft and airing cupboard are now devoid of tanks and pipework, except...
Replies
Views
Back