Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Used oil boiler spares - giveaway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bunker

Im clearing out some stuff. Ive put together a box of 3 old burners, all came from working boilers, with various extra control boxes and bits n bobs. There is more to go in it yet. Its either the scrap man or anyone here to strip for spares (OFTECs get priority).
All I want is the postage, its a heavy box which will be about £16 (mainland UK).
Ideal for someone starting out.

Attachments

• IMG_4992.jpg
    IMG_4992.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 120
Hi, I have not long started out on my own and although not oftec am looking to get my oil qualifications soon. Boiler parts would be a godsend to disassemble and familiarise myself with if you get no oftec takers.

Thanks for the offer either way and to the forum for the great advice and information it provides.

Thanks
Jon

great offer there bunker very generous of you as for somebody new starting out its very hard to know what parts to keep in the van its something you have to learn the hard way im very lucky in that I operate in an area where I find very little burners other than riello rdb/g40 so the best bit of advice I got when I started was to purchase 1 of each so id always have new burners and be able to borrow any parts I was stuck for I come across a few bentones from time to time but its so rare I could not justify carrying a stock of spares

I'll find a use for them if you have no takers and would collect. We've quite a few tenants here where the landlords wont pay for maintenance or new boilers.

Hi bunker am also recent new start business (age 49) would really appreciate cheap purchase of oil burner spares no oftec req in Scotland but am booked for oftec training September more than willing to pay thanks...brum

These will go to Brum as he has been around the forum a while. Jonnyi5alive, I will keep some stuff back for you next time, let me know when you get qualified.

Thanks for the offer. Very kind. Sounds like a good decision. I was actually booked in to do the oftec qualifications in a couple of weeks but couldnt justify the time from work really. Cheers jon

Jonny5isalive, - I have loads of second hand burners & spares & would have gladly give some to you if you were local to me.
I keep really good fully working burners for to swap for favours to people & others I strip for parts & recycle the remaining shell etc.
But I have so many I now scrap most of them.
I can't keep so much. I once counted near 30 of the obsolete Danfoss bho11/12 control boxes, for example.
You should also try picking up any old burner instructions that give a breakdown of parts or get them online.

Thanks. Where are you based? Tapatalk seems like a slightly neutered version of the full forum and i cant seem to use it properly. Or perhaps its just me. If you could give me a heads up of some other common models itd be a good start and ill seek out the mis Cheers jon

anybody still got some of these burners still available?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Used oil boiler spares - giveaway in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I have a wallstar combi oil fired boiler. We got low on oil a couple of weeks ago but didn't run out. Since we've had our oil delivered...
Replies
Views
I've a client with a rusty 20yr+ old Certikin 180 (44kw) oil pool boiler that needs changing. Certikins replacement looks like it is the exact...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a "Firebird Envirogreen Condensing Combi Oil Boiler 26kW" a part has went and I can't find it anywhere, I was at every plumbers merchant...
Replies
Views
Hi All, We have finally decided after a bit of a persuasion to have installed a utility room in our garage that currently houses our oil boiler...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock