Discuss Unvented multi zone system. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks ric2013,

All pipes will be lagged in rockwool pipe insulation. Currently have no insulation under the suspended timber floor downstairs so getting under the floor this Weekend and insulating :). Don't know weather to do all pipe work to the rads in plastic or copper?

Copper all day

They both work, and it certainly easier to cable through joists using plastic. Copper gives slightly higher flow rates, but depends how much flow you need anyway. And copper is arguably more reliable. I certainly do not like pushfit joints under the floor.

Is this the one with the silver foil round it?

Yes but normally used on commercial projects or armaflex pipe insulation

Drayton Wiser sounds interesting. So all you need is to replace the programmer and fit the Wiser TRVs and any TRV can call for heat? In which case, I'm confused about the need for a room thermostat though...
EDIT - I get it, the room stat is the interface for each radiator thermostat and acts as the setting point. But, just looked at the manual and it seems it needs a Smartphone and internet just to get it working. I can see customers wanting it, but I wouldn't.

Last edited:
Your right mate. Not for everyone but who am I to judge. Decision stands win when OP

I really like the wiser set up, but I'm worried about reliability with the internet connection etc. Also I'm still pumping hot water around pipes I dont want to if you get what I mean. Where if there all piped and zoned separate I'm sending hot water to 1 specific place not round a loop connecting all rads together.

Matt

I really like the wiser set up, but I'm worried about reliability with the internet connection etc. Also I'm still pumping hot water around pipes I dont want to if you get what I mean. Where if there all piped and zoned separate I'm sending hot water to 1 specific place not round a loop connecting all rads together.

Matt
Yes but as the room reaches temp the trv head shuts the flow to that rad down. But it’s your call. You have to live with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Unvented multi zone system. in the Plumbing Zone area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
Hi. A new house regulation for a 2 zone heating system because it's bigger that 150sqm. I'm I right in saying zone 1 should be all of the...
Replies
Views
We have UFH throughout downstairs. I have had one coil replaced. I have had the thermostats checked that they are linking to the correct...
Replies
Views
Any recommendations guys? I’m looking for a central/single controller which will be located (in boiler room) away from the underfloor heated...
Replies
Views
A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock