Discuss underfloor wet heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robranderson

First post her so hello to everyone.

Recently built an extension on my house, fitted and plumbed the kitchen and successfully fitted all the new rads in my house so whilst not an expert, I'd like to think I'm competentish! About to refit my bathroom and planning to run the central heating flow and return pipes under the floor in polyplumb heat spreader plates so as to warm the tiles. I'm not looking to heat the room as I am fitting a traditional radiator but just wanted some advice regarding fitting valves. Assuming I treat the underfloor section as a rad itself, I was going to put a gate valve at the return end of the loop so as to enable balancing of the system but do I need one at the start to regulate floor temp or will the one be sufficient? There will only be a run of about 6m of pipe to cover the floor area and I have a 36Kw boiler so confident it can handle the extra load.

All advice greatly recieved. Thanks in advance

Rob

You need to blend supplies. What you want is a john guest conservatory kit. Or you will have burned feet, cracked tiles Nd unhappy boiler. Spreaders are annoying. They ting a lot! Use biscuit method..... Or just an electric mat - much cheaper to install

Far better for a one off bathroom is electric underfloor. Easier and cheaper, by the time you have got your pipe, controls and blending valve. It will be double the cost . Don't do it the way your thinking, it will be too hot and cause a multitude of probs.

if fitting electric underfloor, check the manufactures instructions about testing it. resistance etc. then check and make sure there is no continuity between any of the cables!! had this on a job recently tiles up job. nightmare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to underfloor wet heating advice in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I wanted to ask a general question about an underfloor heating system our plumber is proposing and if this solution will be sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a seaside apartment in Azerbaijan, currently a bare core & shell, not even internal walls yet, and am intending to put in wet UFH with...
Replies
Views
I'm attending a wet underfloor heating system, it's an old one ..No flow meters, just adjustable valves on the returns with conventional...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back