Discuss Underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

fredyflame

Hi
looking to fit underfloor heating in barn conversion
Do I need a seperate manifold for each floor level?
If I bought a 12 loop but only need 10 is it a simple matter of blanking off the other 2?
Looking at Uponor stainless steel are they ok

Thanks

Tony

Yes, its more simple to use seperate manifolds at the start but be careful, if going for big manifolds use big bore supply flow and return (28 - 32mm) rule of thumb about 9kw on 22mm f+r max. Ufh design is based on 3 things, flow rate l/m , flow temp based on outside temp. And good insulation! Dont bother blanking off, just get a cutting of scrap pipe and put it on unused ports f+r and isolate, or get right manifold.

Could I just place the manifold on the first floor?

No as the circuits are going to be too long and inefficient, also what sort of heat source are you intending to use, and because its a barn conversion have also considered installing MVHR

If u need more guidance i'd go to an underfloor heating firm and get them to and design a system for you based on the building drawings and heat source, then from there you can get what level of installaition you want and do it yourself

My heat source is going to be a condensing boiler ( not combi) what is MVHR

Yes I will contact a firm as you suggest so I have all the specs right before I start
Thanks

if you contact Uponor they will design your installation, produce you a drawing and a materials list. (if you give them enough time) Best to contact your local rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Underfloor heating in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock