Discuss Under sink spigot or seperate appliance trap for dishwashers etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bob Hill

Hi all,

I'm interested in what people's usual practice is when installing kitchen sinks and associated pipework for washing machines, dishwashers and other appliances that need a waste. Do you just use those spigot connectors which sit between the sink connection and the trap or do you run a separate P trap and pipe for the appliance.

My experience has been that those spigot connectors often lead to appliances back flowing into sinks or at least causing noise down the plug hole - but this may just be that the rest of the run is badly installed. Seems to me that a tee'd off separate pipe with trap will allow better drainage especially if both sink and appliance are in use at once.

Thoughts?

Never had a problem with a spigot as long as the appliance waste pipe is installed correctly.

I fit whatever is easiest, I've fitted 100's of McAlpine double spigot traps never had a prob, if there's a machine either side of the sink they are perfect, but if a run is required I fit a pipe run and separate trap

I like the spigot ones as if there's a blockage it backs up into the sink and gives a warning rather than flooding over the floor behind the machine.

As Simon points out, the run of the waste pipe makes the difference.

Seen a few installed that fill the washing machine with mucky water. Does not smell nice.

Seen a few installed that fill the washing machine with mucky water. Does not smell nice.

If the waste hose is taken through the unit as high as possible then back down into the spigot rather than straight through at the spigot height this won't happen, again it's all about good working practices

Use a spigot trap if it's under a sink but if theirs no sink/trap then ill use a standpipe, and of course use the u clip and screw it to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Under sink spigot or seperate appliance trap for dishwashers etc in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I got the water tested in my flat which has high chlorine levels and I am going to get a under the sink filter chlorine remover...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an issue with the standpipe trap in a 3-year-old flat. This flat came with a fitted dishwasher that has been completely unused for that...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would appreciate any help on the below please. Can I install a reversed P-trap in a run of pipe from my sink to raise pipe? I have an...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock