Discuss Under floor heating question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bertie1231

Hello. We have under floor heating fed from the combi boiler in our kitchen. It has a grundfos pump attached.

We recently had a polished concrete layer added to the floor. Now the heat is struggling to come through as we sort of expected.

The pump thermostat is on about 45 degrees and the pump speed is on the lowest setting 1. There are settings 1,2 and 3 on the pump.

The pump only appears to run the underfloor heating. The rest of the house has radiators.

So should I now turn the pump speed up? Will this make the under floor heating hotter to compensate for the new concrete layer? Will this mean more pressure in the system and risk blowing the pipes?

Thank you

How thick is floor above heating pipes?
65mm is recommended thickness.
Much thicker and slab will take longer to heat up.
What's your target temperature? Backset temperature should be max of 4 c below.
Underfloor should be run constantly on those set temperatures.
What area is your underfloor? Can then advise more on pump/temperature setting.

Reply to Under floor heating question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t...
Replies
Views
We have a Daikin Air Source heat pump feeding our hot water and under-floor 8 port manifold heating system. The Daikin has just had its annual...
Replies
Views
T
Hi We urgently need to get our h/w cylinder replaced because it's leaking. Our current system is oil boiler feeding underfloor downstairs...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Central Heating Pump - G Pump Force HE-RS25/6PWM-130 Hi, I would be grateful if someone could explain whether our CH system can cope with the...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock