Search the forum,

Discuss Under floor heating question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

B

Bertie1231

Hello. We have under floor heating fed from the combi boiler in our kitchen. It has a grundfos pump attached.

We recently had a polished concrete layer added to the floor. Now the heat is struggling to come through as we sort of expected.

The pump thermostat is on about 45 degrees and the pump speed is on the lowest setting 1. There are settings 1,2 and 3 on the pump.

The pump only appears to run the underfloor heating. The rest of the house has radiators.

So should I now turn the pump speed up? Will this make the under floor heating hotter to compensate for the new concrete layer? Will this mean more pressure in the system and risk blowing the pipes?

Thank you

How thick is floor above heating pipes?
65mm is recommended thickness.
Much thicker and slab will take longer to heat up.
What's your target temperature? Backset temperature should be max of 4 c below.
Underfloor should be run constantly on those set temperatures.
What area is your underfloor? Can then advise more on pump/temperature setting.

Reply to Under floor heating question in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock