Discuss Tundish on unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have recently fitted a Telford Tempest Hot water cylinder, heated purely by 2 immersion heaters.

I have fitted it with the required 'blow off' piping which includes a small Tundish.

Obviously, the Tundish needs to be open to the air, rather than fully enclosed, but if you test the pipework by releasing the pressure valve, water splashes out of the Tundish. As all the electrics for the immersion heaters are in the same cupboard, can you get a cover for the Tundish that would simply direct the water downwards and not allow splashing sideways ? I was think of something like the plastic 'collars' that vets supply to go round a dogs neck to stop it scratching but a bit smaller !

Thanks, Graham.

Simon,

Do you think I have nothing better to do than appease you. I have a photo and will post for you to pull apart at your leisure. I hope that all of you who post immediately after me are not charging your clients when you're not working but browsing on your phones.
Not really the point though is it mate. You are the one that is flaunting the fact that you are illegally installing gas and unvented cylinders. And seem unable to see or are unwilling to admit that what you are doing is wrong. You have also ignored us asking why you deem yourself to be competent and why you think you are above the need to register with a body as we all have to. We spend a fortune on on our registrations etc only to see that undercut by people like you

Mr. Moderator, I find that your members seem to be intend on posting levels of personal comments that are nothing to do with plumbing, surely that must be against the forum rules of conduct ?

Simon,

Do you think I have nothing better to do than appease you. I have a photo and will post for you to pull apart at your leisure. I hope that all of you who post immediately after me are not charging your clients when you're not working but browsing on your phones.

Some people are good enough at their job to not have to toil for hours every day. Have you never heard of the term 'Work smart, not hard'?

When you do get around to posting a picture, it would be very nice to have a piece of paper next to it with your name on it. We've had many people on here using photos of the Internet. Not saying you would do that of course.

I'd also be very interested to see your building notification or benchmark certificate as well.

We've been wrong on here before and would like nothing better to see someone prove us wrong. Don't happen often mind.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

:dots:

Left house 9am & back at 2pm that`s my days work done. 1 service, 1 blockage removed and 1 new unit fitted.

Time for a cold one me thinks.

Toddle pip Graham.

Mr. Moderator, I find that your members seem to be intend on posting levels of personal comments that are nothing to do with plumbing, surely that must be against the forum rules of conduct ?

This could be interesting later, personally I reckon you were given sound advice at the start and since then you`ve just been digging your own grave.

Howsie,

Pictures attached. I have no problem with using Building Control to inspect my work as I have done that before with my electrics.
You will note that the installation is not live yet as the immersions heaters are not connected and there is a stop end on the drain off.
I can describe the installation in great detail to show it's mine.
Constructive feedback is welcome, but not un-constructive comments.
P1050682.jpgP1050682.jpg

The service valve if closed will isolate your group inlet from the cylinder thereby disabling the expansion relief and expansion vessel. If someone was to turn the service valve off the cylinder can still be heated and you've disabled an essential safety device.

Last edited:
Expansion vessel also works a lot better upright as advised by manufacturers. Not sure that building control would sign off on something not installed by a qualified individual

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tundish on unvented cylinder. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back