Discuss Trouble identifing and finding this fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rob_1992

Hi guys. Im have trouble finding this fitting anywhere i have been to all local merchants and can not find this. I believe it to be a ceramic diverter valve for a mixer bath tap with shower attachment. I have no make or model for the unit as it was given to me in a unmarked box by a friend who had broken this fitting. If anybody could point me in the right direction with this it would be greatly appreciated.

Photo attactched. Cheers!

Attachments

• 20161128_135728.jpg
    20161128_135728.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 75
Which is why when something like that is knackered it's a new tap. Just think of at all that time wasted looking.

Unfortunately not as it does not have the diverter for the shower attatchment. I've looked at all these ones already but thanks anyway.

Honestly, give up.

Back when I started, there were about 6 or 8 different insides to taps - supataps, tantara and tantadisc, pegler, fairline and a few others.

Now there are, and I mean this literally, thousands of different imported tap innards. Thats not a figure of speech - probably 15 years ago it became a losing battle, and now, unless you know the makers name, you really are looking for a black cat, in a dark room, when it isn't there.

I do appreciate where your coming from. Its blanked at the moment so the tap does actually work just no shower. So maybe it will be a case of just fitting a shower. But i think i can find out where it was purchased. As soon as he gets back to me i might just be able to find out the make and go from there before i totally write off. Thank you for your honest opinion on the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Trouble identifing and finding this fitting. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi there, can anybody help? I am trying to buy a replacement toilet flush push button as my current one is broken? However I cannot find the same...
Replies
Views
Hi all. So I have just moved into a new house with a Potterton boiler in it. Great big thing!! lol. I want to fit a Hive to it but it obviously...
Replies
Views
I need to replace 4 ¼ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
Units involved: Gainsborough 10.5SE heater unit with Swirl (Screwfix 278PG) overhead shower kit with diverter. Hi guys. I have a Gainsborough...
Replies
Views
Back