Search the forum,

Discuss Ceramic Valve replacement search in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I need to replace 4 ¼ turn ceramic valves for a second hand kitchen tap set - two taps. The current ones are dripping. These are marked X17C, and have a threaded collar. I've been to two local reputable plumbers merchants with the old valve and the head and cover to assist in fitting. No-one has been able to give me an exact replacement and this size does not appear in any of the sample boxes or online guides. One likely replacement, CC7, has too much depth, so that about ¼" of copper shows when the shroud is put on, but is otherwise correct for splines. Nothing shows up online and any serious seller has the same range of sample sizes as carried locally in-house. Any ideas. or does her indoors have to resign herself to dripping taps?

What about just replacing the ceramic discs and seals?
It may only be the seal on the bottom of the valve that's allowing the ceramics to pass.

Reply to Ceramic Valve replacement search in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I need to replace a radiator in the kitchen, the 10mm copper has split so using this opertunaty to replace it with a towel one and also need to remove both valves and make the pipes shorter. Its a gravity fed system and the last radiator in the system , I have a bung kit, i know i can...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Hullo everyone its a while since I posted on here basically because i have had no plumbing issues however I have one now. My son recently moved into a house which has cellar within which is a radiator which is part of the central heating system. The rad looks old, rusty and horrible as does the...
Replies
Views
I'm baffled how to access a ceramic valve in order to replace it on this quarter turn sink tap. Here's the tap... I can remove the arm... ...and unscrew the collar to lift it up a little... ...and unscrew the fixing plate that secures the tap to the sink... ...but I can't get to the...
Replies
Views
Hi. Could somebody recommend a Muslim shower valve that does not leak please? Or one that has a washer that you can replace if it leaks? Some sort of tap will be fine that you can connect the shower pipe to please, ideally in chrome? Many thanks in advance
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock