Discuss Tribune Premier TP180e blowing fuses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

galaxy_plumbing

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi guys,

went to this water heater today. It started blowing fuses. I tested both elements for short circuit and found that top one had short circuit between live and neutral. I managed to get new element from merchant. After all the hassle when I try to remove old one I was happy to install new element, tested for leaks, connected wires, put new fuse in the spur, switched it on and it went through new element again, so not sure why that happened. I tested all connections for both elements and thermostats and haven't found any more short circuits. I disconnected top element , replaced fuse and it blown again. So my suspicious is either the bottom element or thermostat is maybe faulty as there is nothing else connected to it except the programmer on the wall next to cylinder.

Could any of you give me some hints what else could be wrong. I really want to fix it as this could lead to more work for me.

Cheers guys,

abedy

Elimination, disconnect bottom and top elements. Try again, if it blows fuses its the timer.

Also don't forget the important rule. Just cos it's new out the box doesn't mean it's not knackered.

I will just disconnect everything and start connecting elements back one by one. You right Simon, only Pink Panther knows for how that element was laying on the shelf.

Ok, managed to get an electrician for tomorrow while I'm there. That will save lots of hassle :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tribune Premier TP180e blowing fuses in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi can anybody help me with a problem I am having. following a power cut the heating and hot water failed. The boiler would light but it would go...
Replies
Views
It was fitted with the boiler a Potterton Suprima 30L about 21 years ago. Two PCB's later and a new fan the boiler is working perfectly. However...
Replies
Views
I have a 10-yr old Vitodens 100 WB1B. This fall a leak developed: the air separator located in the boiler above was leaking, and water dripped...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, Need some help. Potterton Gold H keeps blowing the spur fuse when running ether hot water or heating. System is a Y plan and 3 port...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock