Search the forum,

Discuss Trevi 3000AA leakage even after cartridge change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
Just moved to a house which has a leaking TREVI 3000 AA shower.
I've changed the cartridges on the hot and cold water, but still leaks warm water. 10 litres per 90 minutes.
I see a scratch inside the warm water body. (Picture Attached)
Any recommendations ?

Plumbing - Copy.jpg

DSC_0596.JPG

I have a second shower like this and I've replaced the cartridges there too. It's working just fine. I don't have a reason to believe the cartridges are the wrong type as they fit the other shower perfectly. They come with new seals.

I believe the leak is caused by the scratch on the body. It's visible on the pictures.

Is there any way to fill that scratch on the body ?

If I decide to change the entire shower, is it possible without breaking the tiles ? I don't have spare tiles.
Is it possible to fit another shower model at the existing pipes ? I will need a pro to change the shower with the same or a different shower model.

I have a theory how the scratch was created, but it's just a guess. The original cartridges are from 2 parts, plastic and brass. During an attempt to replace them the plastic part got stuck in the body (this happened to me on the other shower) It's quite difficult to remove it. I believe at this point the scratch was created probably by a screwdriver.
Trevi issued new model which consist of just one main part entirely from brass. This is what I am using at the moment on both showers.

If scratch is shallow, polish it out and make sure you lubricator orings with silicone grease.
If it’s deep, fill with two part chemical metal then smooth back when set.

If scratch is shallow, polish it out and make sure you lubricator orings with silicone grease.
If it’s deep, fill with two part chemical metal then smooth back when set.
Really good advise about the silicon grease Ben-gee! I had no idea thing like this exists.
I come up with a plan to fill the scratch on my own and bought something called "liquid metal" which is maybe just an epoxy resin with paint and a rotary tool to polish it. Waiting to arrive. I will try it over the weekend as it will require patience.

Thanks for giving me confidence trying this technique to fill the gap Ben-gee! My thinking was that it is quite bad anyway and the body requires replacement so why not try to fill it. I contacted a plumber but he claims to the cartridges again even that they are brand new and the exact model. Even if I screw it I have nothing to lose.
Everything is better than demolishing the tiles and new shower :)

Yes ,you’re thinking on the same lines as me! I have done this for a customer when they really didn’t want to re-tile.
It happened to work, but more by luck than judgement I feel! 🤞

It worked! No dripping at all. Thanks Ben-gee!
I used a type of epoxy (liquid metal) to fill the scratch, remove the excess with a rotary tool and use the silicon grease.

Careful with the silicon grease it makes screwing much easier and I overtight the cartridges and ruin the o-rings. Luckily I had spare o-rings from another set of cartridges.

Job done without breaking tiles and changing the body! How long it will last.... let's see :)

(Unfortunately the picture is with bad quality and not worth uploading it)

Reply to Trevi 3000AA leakage even after cartridge change in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
I've just replaced an Ultra SASF2 – M thermostatic shower cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temperature sensor. My problem is this: If I install the thermostatic cartridge together with the spring mechanism and the temp sensor (i.e. do the job properly), the shower runs warm...
Replies
Views
Hello! Im Martyn Im new here and have joined for some advice on a couple of things. Ive got an issue with a Mira mixer shower that has increasingly become harder to operate. The shower was installed before I moved into the house. Basically what happens is that I turn the shower on so there's...
Replies
Views
Had two pipes changed - one cold and one hot. The cold had a leak and the warm was punctured and about to leak so both were replaced - about 50cm sections in each pipe. After that I started getting water hammer - banging of pipes. I've tried lowering the water pressure - that helps a bit but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock