Search the forum,

Discuss Train4Jobs Advice Do I or Don't I? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon All,

I have recently signed up for a plumbing course with Train4Jobs. I had a rep come out my house twice within a week. the second visit was to sign me up for the course and made it seem like they were doing me a favour. I originally wanted to become a gas fitter, but was advised that i needed a plumbing qualification first and then do my Gas Safe, is this true?

I am a it concerned it is too good to be true and the rep that came to my house struck me as a used car salesman (excuse the stereotype). Would i be better off going to a local college to get my NVQ's and eventually my Gas safe qualification?

I am still within my 14 days cooling off period, is it a wise decision to cancel before i have people chasing me for money?

Little White search box in top righthand corner, use that and you will find loads on the subject.

Hi Andrew

I would strongly advise if you have time and funds behind you then the conventional college route would be the best option. The reason I say this is because I am currently doing an intensive course myself! Unfortunately I don't have the time to go through the college route. As I have commitments.
I am lucky to be working with a friend in the industry on weekends to apply what I am learning, which is such a relief.
The practical outways the classroom stuff by far!

The gas is even more intensive! Everything condensed into 6 weeks!! I don't regret doing the course, but given the opportunity and a different circumstance then I would go down the college route.

But like I said it depends on your circumstances?

If you need any info just PM me and I will try and help you. All the best

Reactions: rpm
You will certainly learn a lot from going on the course but forget about gas until your a competent plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Jobs Advice Do I or Don't I? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock