Search the forum,

Discuss Train4Jobs Advice Do I or Don't I? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Afternoon All,

I have recently signed up for a plumbing course with Train4Jobs. I had a rep come out my house twice within a week. the second visit was to sign me up for the course and made it seem like they were doing me a favour. I originally wanted to become a gas fitter, but was advised that i needed a plumbing qualification first and then do my Gas Safe, is this true?

I am a it concerned it is too good to be true and the rep that came to my house struck me as a used car salesman (excuse the stereotype). Would i be better off going to a local college to get my NVQ's and eventually my Gas safe qualification?

I am still within my 14 days cooling off period, is it a wise decision to cancel before i have people chasing me for money?

Little White search box in top righthand corner, use that and you will find loads on the subject.

Hi Andrew

I would strongly advise if you have time and funds behind you then the conventional college route would be the best option. The reason I say this is because I am currently doing an intensive course myself! Unfortunately I don't have the time to go through the college route. As I have commitments.
I am lucky to be working with a friend in the industry on weekends to apply what I am learning, which is such a relief.
The practical outways the classroom stuff by far!

The gas is even more intensive! Everything condensed into 6 weeks!! I don't regret doing the course, but given the opportunity and a different circumstance then I would go down the college route.

But like I said it depends on your circumstances?

If you need any info just PM me and I will try and help you. All the best

Reactions: rpm
You will certainly learn a lot from going on the course but forget about gas until your a competent plumber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Train4Jobs Advice Do I or Don't I? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Toilet continuously flushing/cistern filling. This happens regardless of what else is going on within the house (videos were taken before and after a shower but this happens seemingly randomly and probably happens when no one is home). As a result my water bill has considerably increased but I...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer condemned the chimney and I remember him also saying something about it needing some sort of box fitted into the fire recess but I can't remember the...
Replies
Views
C
I live in an ex local authority end terrace house. I am unsure if I have an underground leak from a water pipe? Scottish Water tell me they can't help as there is no loss of water pressure and it's beyond the pavement. The tarmac at both corners are often damp, the front corner looks like the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, my name is Michael and I am 18. I have my level 2 and 3 qualifications in plumbing and I also have a full driving licence I cant find an apprenticeship. I'm based near Tadcaster, North Yorkshire (between Leeds and York). Does anyone know anybody that might want to take me on as an...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock