Search the forum,

Discuss Tower showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Ok chaps, just been asked to fit one of these tower showers and my first impressions were (DRED)
had a look at the pipe configuration looked like spaghetti and loose joints.
custard wants his 1700 bath removing which was tight against the two sided wall and has bought a 1700 shower tray which now doesn't fit (man in taskers diy said it would)
custard had solid brick walls no studwork and was not impressed when I told he he had to erect a studded wall so shower could be fitted what are your thoughts are these modern contraptions are they any good and how likely to have future issues with them
do I run to the hills or take a chance
Your views are welcome
thanks

why dont you chase the pipework in????????

I have had a look on you tube install vids and all were studded I thought chasing out may have require more space are they any good?

Shower towers are simplicity as far as fitting showers go. Chase your pipes in and stick 2 tails out in the appropriate place (you don't even need to be accurate) and terminate with 2 x 15 x 1/2" males. Screw on a couple of brackets offer the unit up and connect the flexi's to your tails hok it on and run a bead of silicon down each side of the tower to stop it moving.
I'll fit it for you if you're stuck for 1500 cash ;)

As above all the ones I've seen are two flexi's and hook the shower on, as for chasing the pipes, I always just get a try 100mm shorter and build some stud work much better IMO

or you could do this :D

CO4Kc2iWcAAflDY.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Tower showers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up & made safe for now, have had affected pipe cut & put end caps on. Work required Full bathroom remove old tiles walls and floor. Renew tiling. New...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under shower tray downstairs. One is along the wall so think might be joint between wall and tray and the other seems to be near waste tray, there is a slight hairline crack in shower tray near waste . This happens when I leave the shower head near the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a shower tower fitted and my flexi pipes (500mm) are about 7cm short of where they need to be to fit onto the mixing valve in the back of the shower. I cannot move the shower up and the next longest flexi pipe I can find is 900mm, which is about 830mm longer than I need.. Would a 15mm...
Replies
Views
We had a plumber come to fit our concealed shower. He plumbed it in, then we fit the plasterboard and tiles. However he soon realised that he had set the shower valve body too far back into the wall so that he physically could not fit the valve handles onto the spindles because they do not...
Replies
Views
Hi, As per title we have a regular smell from the shower trap. Clean the trap twice a week, had a cleaning rod down the shower waste pipe and no blockage. Used several different drain cleaners over time but smell returns (not always but often enough to be annoying). Seems to coincide with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock