Discuss tools recommend for tmv's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cheech

Hi i am looking for anyone's advice on handy tools for fitting tmv's under baths. the only tools i have atm is my grips shifter and basin key. i was wondering if anyone knew of any good tools for getting into the fittings. like i have heard you can get a spanner that will tighten 15mm on one side and 22 on the other.sorry this is more of a plumbing question but this is the only place a i could post.

Good adjustable spanners are made by Bahco and cost from £20 or so upwards.

The spanner you're thinking of is called Jaw Dropper and they cost around £45 upwards.

ah thanks dontknowitall yeah thats what i had in mind anything that will make fitting them a little easier will be a god send. Whats the monument one REDSAW ? do you have a link i could see what it is ?

Am not sure about those adjustable basin wrenches. I seem to find that, the old school crows foot for £2.50 does the best job

when i have to fit tmvs to baths i always fit them along the side rather than under the taps
when i first fix for baths i never put the tails up under the taps always along the side 50mm in from edge then when fitting a new bath i fit pipe to the far tap before you lay the bath down then connect where you can get to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to tools recommend for tmv's in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Can anyone recommend a decent multi meter, preferably under a 100 pounds. It's for checking boiler components so I don't need a top spec one...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back