Discuss Toilet Vibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wo88les

i think i have a problem with my TOILET CISTERN FILLER VALVE, mine vibrates everytime the toilet is flushed,

the problem is, im not a plumber and i need some advice on which part i need, the only thing i really know is that it is a BOTTOM ENTRY CISTERN heres a picture of the filler valve if anyone can help..... Thanks

DSC_0068.jpg

almost certain that you need a new washer in the ball valve and the screw on top should be touching the side of the cisten in the photo it looks short

Thanks for the quick reply mate :D oh also my watermains stopcock doesnt close completely and the water still flows, just with a lot less pressure, so turning the water off completely is going to be a bugger, if i turn the stopcock off and then run all taps in the house, should that drop the pressure enough to change the washer??? also what size washer does it need?? and can i get them from B&Q or would i have to go to the plumb centre in the industrial estate??

Thanks again :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you might be better getting a family member round who has done it before

i dont mind doing it myself BOD, im quite mechanically inclined so it should be an easy job :D

just need an idea on the size of washer id need, it would be easier if by the picture someone knew the size, otherwise its a stripdown... size check,,, put back together then of to plumb centre,, back home,,, strip down and repair lol

Thanks again ;)

you need one of these type $(KGrHqRHJFcFBucDo1jZBQnMSf7,q!~~60_12.JPG shouldn't cost too much
nicked the pic off ebay lol

i don't think that is the right one. the sort i posted is the one, you can get them b&q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet Vibration in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know where I can get one of these? Toilet is leaking into the bowl. This one pushes in with a half turn but I can't find one anywhere.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock