Discuss Toilet syphon replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
The turbo 88 only seems to be available in 7.5-9.5". Tha current syphon measures 11" from top to bottom. Is this likely to work.

The 9.5 adjustable goes from 191-241mm. 275mm is 11". That link says the max it adjusts to is 241mm which I think is 9.5" not litres.

where are you measuring from bottom to water finished level?

if you want to wait till tomorrow i can measure one for you but 80% sure it will fit

In my experience of where I had to fit a lower Syphon, I find the normal water level is still achievable about the same. The 11" high syphons were well above the water line.
In fact, the lower syphon will begin to flush quicker and much easier when handle is pushed down because it now only requires a shorter lift of water inside the lower syphon to start the flush

Last edited:
In my experience of where I had to fit a lower Syphon, I find the normal water level is still achievable about the same. The 11" high syphons were well above the water line.
In fact, the lower syphon will begin to flush quicker and much easier when handle is pushed down because it now only requires a shorter lift of water inside the lower syphon to start the flush

Exactly that.
Doesn't matter how high the old syphon is as long as the water level is below the new syphons water line it'll be fine and different length c-links will make sure the handle can still settle roughly horizontal.

The 9.5 adjustable goes from 191-241mm. 275mm is 11". That link says the max it adjusts to is 241mm which I think is 9.5" not litres.

Snowhead measured a couple for me in a thread last year, here's his findings:
I've just measured a 9" as 10.3/4" maximum height including washer on the bottom to where the screw goes in.

From Dudleys website, bottom of page; Syphon, dual flush syphon, toilet siphon - Dudley Turbo 88.

254mm 10" part no.313879
That'll be 11.3/4" in real terms.

Thank you to all who have contributed. Been a great help and is much appreciated!! :))

Ooops.

Just changed one of these today and fitted a Fluidmaster cistern kit to the cistern with flush lever.

The old one was knackered as the customer had adjusted and fettled with it over the years and finally managed to shear the part of the syphon that the linkage goes onto.

Fluidmaster dual flush kit with the cistern handle flush lever fitted no probs and all operates correctly and the flushes are more efficient than the previous setup.

Cheers,

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Toilet syphon replacement in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
I have a cracked close coupled toilet cistern. It's an Armitage Shanks Tiffany 9776, which I believe has been discontinued. The water feed is on...
Replies
Views
ScotsLaddie
S
Hi all - Our toilet has got very difficult to flush. A couple of very quick goes on the handle will do it sometimes, but not others! So we are...
Replies
Views
Hi I recently fitted a brand new Macdee syphon into a toilet and 4 weeks later it is broken at the nut which allows it to be serviced. When...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I repaired my parents 35 year old toilet with a Dudley Turbo 88 and Syvac aspirator. It's started leaking from the donut I think...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock