Search the forum,

Discuss Repairing Twyford Syphonic toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A few years ago I repaired my parents 35 year old toilet with a Dudley Turbo 88 and Syvac aspirator.
It's started leaking from the donut I think. Also the Syphonic action had died and the solids hardly moved with a flush.
I've removed the tank to take a look and the Syvac aspirator has snapped above its donut.
I'm going to replace both items.
I remember last time the Syvac seemed a bit off center with the pan hole, any tips, would it be ok to bond the bung in place etc as I read before an airtight seal is needed.
It's a bit of a bodge job as the hole in the toilet tank base is oversize too requiring blanking plates adapting and sealant.
The have an green suite and bath so they want to keep it if possible.

Reply to Repairing Twyford Syphonic toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock