Search the forum,

Discuss the police get worse,whats this country coming to???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with what the others have said, probably a drink driver, thats why they swapped seats (either that or he was uninsured). problem is the (real) driver will now be sober and there'll be no evidence, so there's nothing the police can do....

The other side of the story was probably that the driver of the car in front slammed his brakes on due to tail-gating, and without witnesses the police knew it wouldn't get pass the CPS even if they brought charges.

Unfortunately this kind of thing isn't uncommon, my mate got hit from behind by an uninsured driver a few weeks back. Woman driving in her Clio with her KIDS in the car, gave false details. Police can't do anything else so they say and he's left with ÂŁ500 excess and his insurance goes up at renewal by ÂŁ250 so in total, it's cost him ÂŁ750 because she wasn't paying attention. We're looking at ways to get his money back, but we can't find her at the moment. We know she's local though.

Unfortunately this kind of thing isn't uncommon, my mate got hit from behind by an uninsured driver a few weeks back. Woman driving in her Clio with her KIDS in the car, gave false details. Police can't do anything else so they say and he's left with ÂŁ500 excess and his insurance goes up at renewal by ÂŁ250 so in total, it's cost him ÂŁ750 because she wasn't paying attention. We're looking at ways to get his money back, but we can't find her at the moment. We know she's local though.

Surely he has her registration number?

Having looked at the original pic of the damage the police must have noticed that the offending vehicle drove straight up the damaged cars ERZ.

Ill get me coat :seeya:

Having looked at the original pic of the damage the police must have noticed that the offending vehicle drove straight up the damaged cars ERZ.

Ill get me coat :seeya:

I wonder if the reg on their other car is: HIZ ?

reported someone the other day for driving dangerously, he was swerving in and out of cars, pulled up next to someone and was either shouting or talking to them whilst driving, then sped off at traffic lights, went round bend and kept swerving between cars,

Most dangerous thing I have ever seen in my life, went to police station and they said
"nothing we can do without at least 2 witnesses".

So what happens if there is only one police officer when you are speeding, only one witness means not enough evidence.......

reported someone the other day for driving dangerously, he was swerving in and out of cars, pulled up next to someone and was either shouting or talking to them whilst driving, then sped off at traffic lights, went round bend and kept swerving between cars,

Most dangerous thing I have ever seen in my life, went to police station and they said
"nothing we can do without at least 2 witnesses".

Was it a white car with a blue and yellow stripe down the side and some fairy lights on the roof - I've seen that nutter round our way!

If no one is injured, and there's no clear evidence of an offence, the police don't want to know when there's a traffic incident - they want to get the road cleared and on their way.

Traffic cars have got video and all the fancy gear for tracking speed, and if it's been checked as it should be and is up to spec, they've got the evidence to present in court if necessary.

A copper in a panda car on his own is a different matter if it's your word against his/hers, although I don't think they're allowed out on their own these days!

I think most traffic cops are too busy making TV programs showing them having a go at gobbie youngsters to get involved with crime!

If you're not a film producer, then forget it.

Sorry I have no respect for the law , as I have ranted before , I got threatened with a knife , defended my self and I got banged up for it cos of my martial arts training ex forces etc etc he get let off and all they did was take the knife off him .

Good news was they moved out from next door and every neighbour since for some reason has been nice as pie

Yes, but not sure what has happened with that, I think she must not have registered it in her name or her address or something.[/QUOTE

There used to be a scheme run by the insurance companies to cover uninsured drivers - if she's given false details it might also be considered to be hit and run. Is your mate in the AA or RAC? They sometimes help members with this kind of thing.

MIB website here:-

[DLMURL]http://www.mib.org.uk/Frequently+Asked+Questions/en/Default.htm[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to the police get worse,whats this country coming to???? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper end of DIY and I've a couple of house renovations under my belt (my own homes) I am retired but do volunteer handyman jobs for the elderly. Not...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two hole mixer but the cold water pressure is high mains fed and the hot is low pressure immersion tank fed. I've been trying to find info on what I...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about this one. Granddaughter just moved house and this valve decided to leak when it was closed. When open its fine. Normally I have repacked the gland on...
Replies
Views
I am in process of replacing an existing sink with a new stainless steel one. The existing tap is plumbed directly to copper which means that it is earthed. The new tap will use flexible tails and so will not be earth bonded. My initial search for information suggests that there is no legal...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock