Discuss That's bad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexGas

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
[video=youtube;MFM_Gowbb1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFM_Gowbb1M[/video]

Last edited:
Interesting!
Mind you, most customers would scoff at the bill once youd fixed the leak
'It only took him a min to tighten the nut and he charged me how much?!'
Little do they know

Does anybody regulate these big companies? It's beyond funny what they try on. I witnessed a British Gas attempted sale of a power flush the other day. Was in a property changing a tap for a customer when BG turned up to do their service. Guy must've spent all of five minutes doing FGA than said he went and drew some water at pump in airing cupboard (on a combi????) and said water was filthy. Produced this little vial of dirty water and said they need a power flush. £780!!!! Woman was distraught, I basically told the bloke to sling his hook as cust didn't even have an airing cupboard and he is trying it on. When he'd naffed off we looked at her agreement to see about cancelling it and they should never have signed her up on her 9 year old combi in the first place as it didn't meet their criteria. Crooks is all I can say!!

Loved the bit about the non existent airing cupboard, how dumb is that! Hope the lady complains and reports the guy even though sod all will happen.

Oh she did and do you know the first thing that happened???
she quoted the job ref and it took her straight through to the sales team where apparently she'd already verbally agreed to the flush with the engineer and they were just going to "book her in"
comical. Thing is, if I hadn't been there I hate to think of her getting stitchesd up but she might well have done

They were about to book her in for the flush, god it just gets worse.
You saved one lady but guess thats only one in a thousand.

Baring in mind how may jobs they do,its strange how ******** Dom has never had BG on his program.
Powerflushing has made the millions!

Last edited:
Crazy though surely there's still money to be made being honest???

Last edited:
Bg are bloody thieves, I only charge £760 for a power flush! Which I think is reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to That's bad. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm trying to connect 3/4" copper to 22mm copper in an old house. However it appears that the 3/4" is actually slightly smaller (measured at...
Replies
Views
Never seen that type of ratchet wrench before... https://www.youtube.com/shorts/G9BhDrQPKAU Could be useful, Amazon sell singles of large...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was hoping to replace an old system boiler with a Vaillant Ecotec Exclusive 627 system boiler, thats the one with the diverter valve so no...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock