Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Testing resistances. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If testing resistance and and you are say within 2-3 ohms of what the manufacturer specifics is that close enough? Is there a degree of error. Thanks

For typical heating / plumbing fault-finding as long as resistances are within 10% of nominal they're almost certainly okay. If the values are critical the manufacturer's fault-finding guide will specify an acceptable range. Most components fail by going either (nearly) short- or open-circuit, very few fail by changing their value by a few percent.

And don’t panic if your measuring a floor temperature probe and you looked up the values for 19 deg C and yours is way off -you’ve probably been warming it up in your hand too long, or left it next to your tea!

Reply to Testing resistances. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have done pressure test for 2" high pressure pipe line by closing the pipe with rubber plugs at the ends. It was 3 bar and I kept it for 24...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views
I've recently replaced an immersion heater for a direct cylinder, for 2.75-3kW. The new one seemed to be working a week before I got a callback. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have I blend valve from Nu-Heat ( they bought it from Reliance, as per attached spec). I have dismantled the valve now 3 times and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. I'm currently working on a job for a customer. their radiators are not all heating up. in total there is 12 radiators. 4 of these are...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock