Discuss Terms and conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Millsy 82

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I am thinking about terms and conditions as in 1 week I am setting fully on my own (Not carping myself at all) After reading recent threads isn't helping at all. I have dealt with alot of different claims and people arguing and had to sort out everything for companies to go to court but that is always someone elses company and terms and conditions.

Do I keep them short and to the point as 1 company I worked for had them written on 1 A4 bit of paper and they did ok. (I like the sound ofthis as i'm hoping to get personalised paperwork at some point and I can have it printed on the back)

When do you give them to the customer? Start of the job? I've only had to deal after the job has been completed.

Does anybody have any ideas of what I should have? I have a rough idea of what I want but not sure it would be ok if it went to court.

I've managed to get through about 10 court cases through different companies but they all had their own terms and conditions but I only had to deal with the aftermath (Which is good as I have learnt not to take things personally its just people not wanting to pay or just being a word that sounds like runts)

The first time my customers see my t and c's is when I send an estimate.

Good luck on your own :)

The first time my customers see my t and c's is when I send an estimate.

Good luck on your own :)

What about small jobs though? I know most the companies I've worked for lost more money on £50-£70 jobs as people thought they wouldnt get taken to court for that little.

I have a rubber stamp for the back of the invoice. I use invoice pads from Staples. The rubber stamp sets out the most important term. Pay now or its plus 5% andthen another 5% after 28 days.

Feel free to use mine if you want, just make sure and change Dripbusters Ltd to your company name :)

[DLMURL="http://www.dripbusters.co.uk/terms.htm"]Lincoln Plumber & Electrician - Dripbusters Ltd - Terms Of Business[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Feel free to use mine if you want, just make sure and change Dripbusters Ltd to your company name :)

[DLMURL="http://www.dripbusters.co.uk/terms.htm"]Lincoln Plumber & Electrician - Dripbusters Ltd - Terms Of Business[/DLMURL]

Hi croft have you had any court dealings etc where they have been needed?

Thank you very much I wont copy them but it is a very good resource to give me a base and certain things I never thought of adding.

Here's what I've come up with. Thank you again croft I may have pinched a few bits. What do you reckon?

Termsand conditions

General

• All jobs will be booked in over the phone, At this time the customer shall be informed of our hourly rate at which point a verbal agreement will be made with the customer who made contact (If its a rented property the bill payer will have to arrange the visit)
  • Once work has commenced the job can not be cancelled without payment being made.
  • Wasted journeys or No access to property may be charged at the first hour rate.
  • Although we give quotations due to the nature of the job some additional charges may apply (See Chargeable extras)

Payment/Late payments

• All payments shall be made at the completion of each visit unless previously agreed in writing through a quotation/ estimate. No transaction will be fully complete until payment has been cleared with the bank.
  • Failure to make payment within 7 days will result in a 10% charge for every 7 days over completion of work/ stage of work. After 30 days legal action may be taken.
  • Cancelled/ uncleared cheques will be charged fees incurred from bank plus 10% for every 7 days after completion of job. After 30 days legal action may be taken.
  • Any jobs over the price of £200 will require a deposit of a minimum of 50% (Under the discretion of Mark Mills). No parts or work will be booked in until the deposit has been received and payment has been cleared.

Warranty

• As a company we offer 1 year warranty on workmanship and materials supplied by us.
  • Warranty will not be honoured if

1. Failure of full payment.
  2. Evidence of tampering.
  3. Materials not supplied by Mark Mills.
  4. Existing pipework, fittings, valves, appliances which have not been Installed/maintained by ourselves.
  5. Failure to allow us to repair the fault.

• All claims will be dealt with through Mark Mills and using contractors arranged through Mark Mills no payment will be made for another contractor unless agreed with in writing. Certain claims may be dealt with through insurance company where they will arrange contractors unless otherwise asked.

Titleof Goods

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]All goods (even those fitted in customer‘s homes) remain the property of Mark Mills until full payment has been received in respect of their supply.[/FONT] [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Chargeableextras[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Although we will try to give a fixed price due to the nature of the job and the unknown condition of systems chargeable extras may be added to any quotation/ estimate. No work shall be carried out before agreeing with the customer.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Some common examples are Airlocks, Sludge, Existing valves/stop cocks seizing/ leaking,[/FONT]

Complaints

• All complaints must be in written form (Either email or letter delivered through recorded delivery) This is so both parties have copies of what is said in case of legal action.

Terms and conditions available in larger print pleaseask engineer for copy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Terms and conditions in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it...
Replies
Views
A
Hi all, Happy new year! Hope this is OK in this part of the forum. Been a plumber for about 12 years now, mostly commercial stuff with some...
Replies
Views
C
Apologies - I am not a plumber - not sure if it is ok to post here but... It's freezing and my boiler is not working so, I wonder if anyone can...
Replies
Views
Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi! Our main stopcock is weeping. I phoned the water company, first-person thought it was their problem as it was on the 'outside' of the water...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock