Discuss Tanking a shower area in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Got my shower area all ready, but just a simple question when using the tanking tape, the area has been plastered in M/R plasterboard, can I apply tanking tape straight into the corner joins or do I have to use jointing compound first prior to the tape going on and go from there???

The taps is not very good at bridging gaps as it can get holed.

If your joints are all nice and tight just apply the tape.

If they are a bit “gappy “ then fill them first and allow this to fully dry before applying the tape. Depending on the tape you have you can use stixall etc to fill the gaps ( some tapes are not compatible with silicone and various other sealants so check what it says).

Reply to Tanking a shower area in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Looking for some advice on my little bathroom project. I took the bath out. I got a shower jacuzzi thing. The base has 2 wheels in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock