Discuss "Surrey" flange or Essex flange? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sasikahlon

I'm fitting a negative head Salamander booster pump in a loft space. The manufacture said to fit ONLY AN ESSEX FLANGE! Can somebody explain why it must be an Essex flange and not a Surrey flange?

I'd ignore the manufacturer, fit non of your options but just tee off the underside of hot pipe from cylinder and Bob's your Uncle.

Surrey flange can restrict the flow of water to the pump

Yep, Ive seen this happen the cylinder implodes if you get the vent in the wrong part of flange

I just like, oh, nearly. It's open forum.

There's a good thread from the past about fitting an essex flange, if you do a search.

True. But essex flange (installation gone wrong) can turn your shiny cylinder into scrap metal.

If the pump went wrong while still under guarantee do you know if Salamander would repair/replace the pump if an Essex flange wasn't fitted?
i have had a few issues with Salamander even when installed correctly and I personally will not trust them.

If the pump went wrong and you did not install with flange of their choice, they will not even entertain any discussion.
I will fit it my way. Always works for me. If you know you are going to need the Guarantee/Warranty, then follow their requirements.

Essex always best. No chance of air ingress and does not restrict flow. Needs correct tools for cutting to not damage cylinder. Not as difficult as is perceived.

There should be a 'Sussex' flange and I'm sure if one was available it would be far superior than any other flange!!

Ive found an essex flange is far easier to get into than any other flange...

LOL, I would have posted a laughing smiley if I could get them to work using an IPad.

Last edited:
Got the same problem with iPhone

I think it must be this forum as I also tried posting pictures yesterday and couldn't.
I can post pictures from the IPad on Twitter and another Forum I use, can also post smileys on the other forum.

Go on then I'll bite.... What's her name??????

Name?.......no no
Or shade? That i remember
2ade9emy.jpg

There should be a 'Sussex' flange and I'm sure if one was available it would be far superior than any other flange!!

Some of the flange from Sussex is reasonable but by no means the best flange in the world.

Yeh your photo still on all the lamp posts and phone boxes.

With some obscene message and a phone number!

gunuhe4a.jpg

Now if Carlsberg made flange........... It would probably taste better after 9 or 10 and after 15 you might think the warm fizzy pish was a good session the day after.

Yeh your photo still on all the lamp posts and phone boxes.

With some obscene message and a phone number!

gunuhe4a.jpg

Now if Carlsberg made flange........... It would probably taste better after 9 or 10 and after 15 you might think the warm fizzy pish was a good session the day after.

What have we told you about passing off pictures of your mum as someone else?

Your my mudder? Were we seperate day 8 days so you kept producing milk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to "Surrey" flange or Essex flange? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

D
Had a plumber here for 4 hours today to fit a shower pump. He disconnected the hot water outlet from the top of the tank and after 3 adapters for...
Replies
Views
I need to install a pumped shower, connected to a gravity system. Hot water is in an direct cylinder on the first floor, and CWST is on the...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
Got all my stuff together to finally fit the recirculation pump to my hot water tank, but I can't budge the immersion element. I need this out...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a hot water cylinder which feeds 3 outlets (kitchen sink, basin in bathroom & bathtap) which has never had very good pressure (probably...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock