Discuss struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i quoted £100,punter said he got a quote for £40.!!!

I would have laughed and walked away! Was probably looking to haggle. I never believe what a customer tells me, not calling them liars, just economical with the truth.

Bloke looking for quotes on Sheffield forum for a new boiler. He just posted that "the best quote for boiler supply and fit is £850, can anyone beat that" Hope he like what he gets for that price..... Thinkin Ravenheat!

i was working today for 2 1/2 hours removing a kitchen sink, and altering a bit of gas pipework(all i done was cut off 200mm and put on a straight coupling) because gas cooker is moving and I have to return tomorrow to connect up kitchen sink because joiners haven't finished doing the units.. much would you all charge ? if its the joiner thats paying me then I'm thinking of doing it a bit cheaper to try and get more work out of him also trying to get a service out of customer boiler hasnt been serviced in 3 year lol

i was working today for 2 1/2 hours removing a kitchen sink, and altering a bit of gas pipework(all i done was cut off 200mm and put on a straight coupling) because gas cooker is moving and I have to return tomorrow to connect up kitchen sink because joiners haven't finished doing the units.. much would you all charge ? if its the joiner thats paying me then I'm thinking of doing it a bit cheaper to try and get more work out of him also trying to get a service out of customer boiler hasnt been serviced in 3 year lol

Can't help on that one, I don't touch gas. If its just based on connecting a copper pipe and two visits I'd be looking for around the £100. I don't get any work off of joiners (except when they've done it themselves and made a horlicks of it and had to go and fix) but if its the customer maybe do some sort of deal, but, will you get next years service if its not been done in 3 years? All to be chucked into the equation.

simon you dont do gas are you intending to ?

Thats a definite no. Quite rural round here, quite a few gas guys, couple of really good ones and then the ones who should have their tools taken off em. Do oil, all the wet stuff, tiling, unvented and wanting to move into renewables (MCS willing :) )

I had a similar job to do for a local builer, kichen guy fluffed up the worktop so he just wanted me to disconnected sink and hob the go back and reconnect, quoted him 1hr to disconnect and 1hr to reconnect (£90 all up) haven't heard back from him :confused:

well I finished the job today, had to use some materials so materials probably came to about £15 max and I charged £90, 2 visits at around 4 hours all in(alot of rsing about trying to turn off water) If I charged my normal rate it would of been dearer

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock