Discuss struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to network with new businesses focus on mid age people who has there own homes and can afford work to be done !

Just wondering if any of you guys on here do any sub-contract work. I work for a largish building company that do these council/decent homes contracts. Fitting 5 full systems a week, hard graft but good money! Sometimes slack this time of year, but id definately recommend trying to find out who the main contractors are for your local authorities because if you are willing to put the effort it, its nearly as good as being on someones books!

Sorry to black cat but i was in a team of 3 who managewd 10 in one week , was done in at the end of it tho but crazy dosh !

Seem to be having a problem with that trade uk uploading my quals ,,,,annoying as can see guys local to me that are charlatans already there ,,,,,harumph !!!

Prices are definitely tumbling. Public are taking the mickey but why not as everything is cheap or free. Fit one tap get one free. That's the mentality out there. The trade websites don't help either as they sell on getting the lowest price.

Customers will take the micky if you let them,always will
We notice it more when things are quite maybe and are more likely to let them as do not want to loose the work
Know it is easier said than done but try not to drop your prices to drastically to get the work,odds are you may get it anyway,if you are not willing to take that risk,you will end up working for pea nuts

imho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to struggling for work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Need some advice, neighbors sewer drain keeps blocking up every few months. My wife and I have always chipped in with the other three neighbors...
Replies
Views
L
So my toilet got blocked and none of the usual methods were working. I had a drain snake lying around in a kitchen drawer so thought I'd give it a...
Replies
Views
Hi all I wonder if anyone could offer some advice. I’m looking for a new combi and thought I may as well upgrade to smart controls if we have to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, The day before yesterday early morning (23rd of Jan) the temperature was very low, about -7C, so before that, I set timer to start CH for...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock