Discuss starting out on my own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gpm86

hiya im trying to start my own plumbing business ive been a plumber for 8 years ,and was just wondering what is the best way to get my name out there and get work ?and what has worked best for you? ive made up a thousand flyers for a start! ...thanks

you'd best get your walking boots on and deliver those flyers for a start. although from personal experience from those 1000 you will get about 5-10 jobs.

It depends on what work you are targeting. If high end bathrooms, don't bother wasting your leaflets in the local council houses etc. Personal recommendations are the way to go, it can snowball but expect a quiet time for a long time. Visit local factory's/industrial units, many are happy to display a flyer on the staff notice board. That worked quite well for me.

I expect during those 8 years of working for someone else you will have a good idea of where the work is and pricing etc. All the best with your new venture by the way.

Try not to deliver your flyers willy-nilly. I targetted properties that were about 15 -25 years old, they will probably all have gold taps etc which are now deemed old fashioned and want a more modern chrome look.

You only need a few customers to start with, provided your prices are reasonable, you are nice to the customers, they can see that you work hard and clean up after yourself. Word will soon get around.

I always offer to look at all aspects of plumbing whilst at a customers house for free, taps , rads, connections etc. It's great PR and other work can come from it.

thanks for the advice one and all! good help ill giv it ago and see wer it takes me hopefully be a millionaire in 5 years LOL!!

thanks for the advice one and all! good help ill giv it ago and see wer it takes me hopefully be a millionaire in 5 years LOL!!

Your in the wrong job to become a millionaire unless you do something on the side or intend to work in Italy if they go back to the lire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to starting out on my own in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock