Discuss Stainless steel or aluminium heat exchanger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GreyBeard

Hi. I am replacing a very old boiler, and have pretty much decided on either a Vaillant ecoTEC plus 418 or a Worcester Greenstar 18Ri. From the specs I see that the Worcester has an aluminium heat exchanger and the Vaillant has stainless steel. I have a feeling that the stainless exchanger should be more durable and reliable, but is this correct?

Also does anyone have any useful comments (good or bad) to help me choose?

Many thanks.

I have experience of a Alu heat ex blocking up because of incorrect inhibitor in the system.

I'd rather the stainless

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stainless steel the baxi duotec/potterton promax system(not heat only) are also worth checking out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Stainless steel or aluminium heat exchanger? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I just had a quote for a new boiler install as follows I dont undertand why a 15-60 boiler pump is needed and a 25-100 pump is needed as well I...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Evening Hopefully you're not sick of this type of question! I've had a few quotes for a boiler upgrade (going from a regular boiler (~15 yrs...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 131795
D
I don't work now due to being ancient. I looked at a 'Range cooker' fired on kero. It had a slow leak that turned into a bad leak in a month! It...
Replies
Views
Back