Discuss Sprung a leak, advice on tackling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kie

Hi,

First time poster looking for some advice on a fixing a heating pipe leak.

The leak looks to be coming from the top of the elbow joint in the attach photos. It's only a slight drip every 5-8 seconds.

The pipe leaves the 'main line' and bends under another mainline pipe before straitening up for the elbow that rasies through the floorboard.

My initial thoughts are
  • Scrap the floorboard for access and try patch up the elbow
  • cut the pipe, pull up through hole in board, address leak then couple it back in where it was cut from
  • is pex or pvc a possibility?
I've done research on pipe sweating, push fixings and pex, but would really appreciate advice from experienced people on where and how they'd tackle it!

Much obliged for any replies.

20180203_135552[1].jpg

20180203_151949[1].jpg

20180203_152001[1].jpg

The water is above the floor. So it can’t be the copper elbow underneath.
Have a feel round the radiator valve. It’s probably that.

Is floorboard wet from removal of rad and therefore a separate issue from leak mentioned in OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sprung a leak, advice on tackling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

There's a leak in the ceiling of my Dad's living room which is on the ground floor and has a bedroom directly above it...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some urgent advice. I've Just come home after going out for evening, to discover hallway floor and kitchen floor covered in water. On...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have a question that I’m hoping those of you who are experienced central heating engineers may be abler to throw some light on. But first I need...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A while ago I replaced a leaky, corroded sink trap. That all appears to be fine, I can't find any leaks with it, and everything under the sink...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock