Search the forum,

Discuss Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Dear All

It would appear that our Intergas boilers are now in stock.

intergasdelivery1.jpg

Available [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers.html"]here
[/DLMURL]
and in all our branches over the next few days.

There are 3 ranges. All have the innovative heat-exchanger with the wide waterways, and only 4 moving parts. All will produce hot water, even when the pump has failed.

The Eco RF and HRE ranges come with separate expansion options. The more budget conscious [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-rapid-combi-30kw.html"]Rapid[/DLMURL] comes with built in expansion, but its usefully mounted at the front of the boiler, on a hinged bracket. Brilliant idea, and I suspect every UK manufacturer will be copying it soon. It has a 3 year warranty, and is the closest visually to a "normal" UK boiler.

The [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-eco-combi-rf-30kw.html"]Eco RF[/DLMURL] range has a 10 year warranty*, and, as the name suggests, comes with a free Honeywell RF programmable stat. You won't be surprised to learn that it is not the cheapest in the range, but once you account for an RF stat worth £100, and the 10 year warranty, it may be the best value.

The [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-hre-combi-24-18kw.html"]HRE model[/DLMURL] is probably the only model that UK installers will have come across, and used to have a 5 yr warranty, now moved up to 7 years*.

There are lots of cheap and nasty, or "me too" boilers on the market, but Intergas represents an actual choice for the installer - one that we think will appeal to a significant subsection of the market.

Thanks for reading

Ray

*subject to attendance on an Intergas training course

Last edited by a moderator:
the only issue I have with your ad above is "branch near you" define near :)

are your prices online yet Ray, got to find my password again

Are they ERP compliant ?

Yes, ours are.

All Rapid models in the UK will be ERP, because it is a new product.

With HRE and ECO RF product, you should check with your supplier - we deliberately held off taking stock until August, to ensure we got 100% ERP compliant. Not that it matters a huge amount, unless your client is a council or HA.

The difference between the old and the new ERP product should not exceed £25 per unit, roughly.

Never heard of rapid, not even on their website and am a p5 installer

c'mon, flip to the front and catch up with the rest of the world dancin...... been hearing it from the reps for ages :)

aren't you P7/10 yet? and dont forget you need to register as a servicing technician to stop intergas from writing to your customers and taking on your customers. I would prefer they put it on the registration form/site so you can remind them on every install, could you mention that to them Ray, seems they are going the way of other manufacturers in taking away our on going income (sorry to nick your post).

Never heard of rapid, not even on their website and am a p5 installer

Brand new. I think we are the first stockist.

Central flue, built in, front mounted expansion. Pretty much standard Intergas apart from that.

And P5 is about to change to P+. Or something else that permits 7 and 10 year warranties.

the only issue I have with your ad above is "branch near you" define near :)

are your prices online yet Ray, got to find my password again

Near you means Southampton, Winchester, Andover or Reading. Probably Andover as the crow flies, but Reading in drive-time. But we deliver next day to the UK mainland, FOC for orders over £100 + VAT, so no problem.

If you can't recall your password, PM me the email address and I will force a reset for you.

Lame, once you tell them once in writing that you will do the servicing, they leave alone. I have just done the training and was impressed with the boilers, seem to be designed with service and maintenance in mind ( none of this break your fingers to get to things )

Is the Rapid an independent only boiler?

I'm disappointed in the warranty on the Rapid as it looks to be the same components other than that?

I may have to speak to the rep again and take a look at this boiler.

also, on your website it says including rear spacing frame? What's that for then?

Last edited:
Is the Rapid an independent only boiler?

In theory, although I wouldnt bet on it staying that way.

I'm disappointed in the warranty on the Rapid as it looks to be the same components other than that?

To my untutored eye, it looks the same, except it has integral expansion, and a central flue. At that price point, what warranty would you have expected? As far as I know, manufacturers warranty normally comes at between £25 and £33 per year. It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of components.

also, on your website it says including rear spacing frame? What's that for then?

I'm guessing it permits you to run the pipework from above in behind the boiler, but will check tomorrow.

I guess they've tried to achieve a couple of targets in one new boiler. Lower price, internal components, independent market as a chance to make it into the mass market?

Personally, I'd have rather seen the price higher with a better warranty, but then I'm hard to please.

3-4 years warranty on a product that's boasting about lack of moving parts and reliability doesn't really inspire customer confidence in my opinion, particularly when you're competiting against well known brands with twice the warranty. Also I see no advantage for being P5 trained?

Thanks Ray, it would be good to know if it is optional. One of the key points in going internal with EV was the depth of this boiler without the jig.

Last edited:
You can buy extra warranty if you want for the rapid.
Being trained installer allows you to extend the warranties on the other models to 7 & 10 if memory serves correct. Same as other manufactures and you don't have to fit x amount of boilers to get these warrantys

Last edited:
It looks as though you can only extend the standard 3 year warranty to 4 years on the rapid. Have you seen the Rapid? I've already done the platinum course so I'm not doing it again!

Also I see no advantage for being P5 trained?

With the Rapid, there is no advantage.

For the HRE, then you get a 7 year warranty and the ECO RF you get 10 years, neither of which are available to non-P5 installers.

Personally, I'd have rather seen the price higher with a better warranty, but then I'm hard to please.

I'm confused Sam. For a better warranty at a higher price, surely you buy the HRE? Or if you want the best possible warranty (and a free Honeywell RF stat) you buy the Eco-RF?

With the Rapid, there is no advantage.

For the HRE, then you get a 7 year warranty and the ECO RF you get 10 years, neither of which are available to non-P5 installers.

They bring out a boiler with improvements and then penalise you for the privilege.

I really cannot understand this company. :banghead:

I'm confused Sam. For a better warranty at a higher price, surely you buy the HRE? Or if you want the best possible warranty (and a free Honeywell RF stat) you buy the Eco-RF?

If the expansion vessel and centred flue were that of the Rapid then it would be perfect!

If the expansion vessel and centred flue were that of the Rapid then it would be perfect!

Ah, gotcha!

I'm inclined to agree about the centralised flue, and I understand that the next generation of all models will have that.

Not so sure about the expansion though. I'm quite a fan of separate expansion, both in terms of access, and to keep the boiler casing small. And, (although I appreciate you GSR types might not see it the same way) it can be maintained by a non-GSR engineer.

Ray, I maybe totally wrong here, but do intergas do a open vented combi ?

Ah, gotcha!

I'm inclined to agree about the centralised flue, and I understand that the next generation of all models will have that.

Not so sure about the expansion though. I'm quite a fan of separate expansion, both in terms of access, and to keep the boiler casing small. And, (although I appreciate you GSR types might not see it the same way) it can be maintained by a non-GSR engineer.

In an ideal world then I would also agree.

That said, if you're replacing a boiler like for like, not many customers will appreciate the additional cupboard space required in order to house a red beach ball in the kitchen cupboard below. Especially when the other products offered don't need it!

Are you saying the overall size of boiler has now increased on the rapid to house the expansion vessel?

My understanding was that they could wiggle it in to the existing case (which was the main reason for changing to a centred flue!)

If it's the existing case, then without the rear jig it makes it a nice compact and solid unit.

The casing is slightly deeper to accommodate the expansion vessel ( 30mm according to the spec sheet I have )
No I didn't see the rapid but got given a brochure - looks like a hre with built in exp and they now use wilo pumps

I'm guessing it permits you to run the pipework from above in behind the boiler, but will check tomorrow.

Sorry, this has taken a few days to run down.

If you are flueing left, right or vertically, and you are bringing pipework up from the bottom, you can throw away the spacer frame.

If you are bringing the pipework down from above, the spacer frame allows room for this.

However, if you are flueing out the back, you also need the spacer frame. When you put the elbow on the turret, its quite close to the wall, and without the spacer frame, the joint between turret elbow and flue would be a few mm into the wall. My understanding is that this contravenes UK regs (not inspectable) and I guess that in Holland, either they have different regs, or they use vertical flues more than we do.

They are working on a tighter turret bend which will obviate the need for the spacer frame. In the meantime, you get the spacer frame as a freebie.

Ray

Thanks Ray, helpful as always.

Could you enquire in to any leverage on the warranty for platinum installers?

Appreciate there would be an additional cost.

Thanks Ray, helpful as always.

Could you enquire in to any leverage on the warranty for platinum installers?

Appreciate there would be an additional cost.

I can ask. The worst thing they can say is "no".

Saved my bacon being able to get flue bits off the shelf at maidstone the other day :)

Expect atleast a few orders off me in the next year for them :)

a 5 yr warranty, now moved up to 7 years*. *subject to attendance on an Intergas training course

And P5 is about to change to P+. Or something else that permits 7 and 10 year warranties.

Will existing P5 installers automatically get the 7/10 year warranties or do we have to do another course?

I emailed Amy Poulter as per your post a few days ago but not heard anything yet.

I emailed Amy Poulter as per your post a few days ago but not heard anything yet.

Sorry Mas, Amy does have your email, and is working through a list. You should get a response today.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

All. I hope you can help. I have an Intergas HRE 30 SB boiler (plus tank) which is driving a combination of (downstairs) UFH plus (upstairs) rads, all controlled using a combination of Heatmiser NeoStats (UFH) and NeoAir w/ RF switch (rads). On the surface, the Heatmiser App suggests there are...
Replies
Views
  • Article
The UK Government has today been told to do better when it comes to Heat Pumps and Hydrogen Boilers. A watchdog for spending has said that the Government in the UK needs to do more to make green energy heat pumps and other green central heating options more affordable for the UK customers...
Replies
Views
Oil boiler (now~15 years old) unvented system with 17 radiators. We moved in 5 years ago and I had to keep bleeding the same radiator. The bleed gas could be burned with a blue flame and the water was acidic (pH 5.5). Since then system has been chemically flushed (it was not too bad) and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
    • Informative
Why am I not surprised? Britain’s gas network still using engines from 1960s RAF fighter jets Ageing aircraft turbines will cost millions to replace, says National Gas chief Jonathan Leake14 January 2024 • 5:49pm Mr Butterworth, chief executive of National Gas, says the network is powered by...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock