Discuss Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Dear All

It would appear that our Intergas boilers are now in stock.

intergasdelivery1.jpg

Available [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers.html"]here
[/DLMURL]
and in all our branches over the next few days.

There are 3 ranges. All have the innovative heat-exchanger with the wide waterways, and only 4 moving parts. All will produce hot water, even when the pump has failed.

The Eco RF and HRE ranges come with separate expansion options. The more budget conscious [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-rapid-combi-30kw.html"]Rapid[/DLMURL] comes with built in expansion, but its usefully mounted at the front of the boiler, on a hinged bracket. Brilliant idea, and I suspect every UK manufacturer will be copying it soon. It has a 3 year warranty, and is the closest visually to a "normal" UK boiler.

The [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-eco-combi-rf-30kw.html"]Eco RF[/DLMURL] range has a 10 year warranty*, and, as the name suggests, comes with a free Honeywell RF programmable stat. You won't be surprised to learn that it is not the cheapest in the range, but once you account for an RF stat worth £100, and the 10 year warranty, it may be the best value.

The [DLMURL="http://www.tradeonlyplumbing.co.uk/heating-hot-water/boilers/gas-boilers/gas-combination-boilers/intergas-hre-combi-24-18kw.html"]HRE model[/DLMURL] is probably the only model that UK installers will have come across, and used to have a 5 yr warranty, now moved up to 7 years*.

There are lots of cheap and nasty, or "me too" boilers on the market, but Intergas represents an actual choice for the installer - one that we think will appeal to a significant subsection of the market.

Thanks for reading

Ray

*subject to attendance on an Intergas training course

Last edited by a moderator:
the only issue I have with your ad above is "branch near you" define near :)

are your prices online yet Ray, got to find my password again

Are they ERP compliant ?

Yes, ours are.

All Rapid models in the UK will be ERP, because it is a new product.

With HRE and ECO RF product, you should check with your supplier - we deliberately held off taking stock until August, to ensure we got 100% ERP compliant. Not that it matters a huge amount, unless your client is a council or HA.

The difference between the old and the new ERP product should not exceed £25 per unit, roughly.

Never heard of rapid, not even on their website and am a p5 installer

c'mon, flip to the front and catch up with the rest of the world dancin...... been hearing it from the reps for ages :)

aren't you P7/10 yet? and dont forget you need to register as a servicing technician to stop intergas from writing to your customers and taking on your customers. I would prefer they put it on the registration form/site so you can remind them on every install, could you mention that to them Ray, seems they are going the way of other manufacturers in taking away our on going income (sorry to nick your post).

Never heard of rapid, not even on their website and am a p5 installer

Brand new. I think we are the first stockist.

Central flue, built in, front mounted expansion. Pretty much standard Intergas apart from that.

And P5 is about to change to P+. Or something else that permits 7 and 10 year warranties.

the only issue I have with your ad above is "branch near you" define near :)

are your prices online yet Ray, got to find my password again

Near you means Southampton, Winchester, Andover or Reading. Probably Andover as the crow flies, but Reading in drive-time. But we deliver next day to the UK mainland, FOC for orders over £100 + VAT, so no problem.

If you can't recall your password, PM me the email address and I will force a reset for you.

Lame, once you tell them once in writing that you will do the servicing, they leave alone. I have just done the training and was impressed with the boilers, seem to be designed with service and maintenance in mind ( none of this break your fingers to get to things )

Is the Rapid an independent only boiler?

I'm disappointed in the warranty on the Rapid as it looks to be the same components other than that?

I may have to speak to the rep again and take a look at this boiler.

also, on your website it says including rear spacing frame? What's that for then?

Last edited:
Is the Rapid an independent only boiler?

In theory, although I wouldnt bet on it staying that way.

I'm disappointed in the warranty on the Rapid as it looks to be the same components other than that?

To my untutored eye, it looks the same, except it has integral expansion, and a central flue. At that price point, what warranty would you have expected? As far as I know, manufacturers warranty normally comes at between £25 and £33 per year. It doesn't have anything to do with the quality of components.

also, on your website it says including rear spacing frame? What's that for then?

I'm guessing it permits you to run the pipework from above in behind the boiler, but will check tomorrow.

I guess they've tried to achieve a couple of targets in one new boiler. Lower price, internal components, independent market as a chance to make it into the mass market?

Personally, I'd have rather seen the price higher with a better warranty, but then I'm hard to please.

3-4 years warranty on a product that's boasting about lack of moving parts and reliability doesn't really inspire customer confidence in my opinion, particularly when you're competiting against well known brands with twice the warranty. Also I see no advantage for being P5 trained?

Thanks Ray, it would be good to know if it is optional. One of the key points in going internal with EV was the depth of this boiler without the jig.

Last edited:
You can buy extra warranty if you want for the rapid.
Being trained installer allows you to extend the warranties on the other models to 7 & 10 if memory serves correct. Same as other manufactures and you don't have to fit x amount of boilers to get these warrantys

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock