Discuss Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks as though you can only extend the standard 3 year warranty to 4 years on the rapid. Have you seen the Rapid? I've already done the platinum course so I'm not doing it again!

Also I see no advantage for being P5 trained?

With the Rapid, there is no advantage.

For the HRE, then you get a 7 year warranty and the ECO RF you get 10 years, neither of which are available to non-P5 installers.

Personally, I'd have rather seen the price higher with a better warranty, but then I'm hard to please.

I'm confused Sam. For a better warranty at a higher price, surely you buy the HRE? Or if you want the best possible warranty (and a free Honeywell RF stat) you buy the Eco-RF?

With the Rapid, there is no advantage.

For the HRE, then you get a 7 year warranty and the ECO RF you get 10 years, neither of which are available to non-P5 installers.

They bring out a boiler with improvements and then penalise you for the privilege.

I really cannot understand this company. :banghead:

I'm confused Sam. For a better warranty at a higher price, surely you buy the HRE? Or if you want the best possible warranty (and a free Honeywell RF stat) you buy the Eco-RF?

If the expansion vessel and centred flue were that of the Rapid then it would be perfect!

If the expansion vessel and centred flue were that of the Rapid then it would be perfect!

Ah, gotcha!

I'm inclined to agree about the centralised flue, and I understand that the next generation of all models will have that.

Not so sure about the expansion though. I'm quite a fan of separate expansion, both in terms of access, and to keep the boiler casing small. And, (although I appreciate you GSR types might not see it the same way) it can be maintained by a non-GSR engineer.

Ray, I maybe totally wrong here, but do intergas do a open vented combi ?

Ah, gotcha!

I'm inclined to agree about the centralised flue, and I understand that the next generation of all models will have that.

Not so sure about the expansion though. I'm quite a fan of separate expansion, both in terms of access, and to keep the boiler casing small. And, (although I appreciate you GSR types might not see it the same way) it can be maintained by a non-GSR engineer.

In an ideal world then I would also agree.

That said, if you're replacing a boiler like for like, not many customers will appreciate the additional cupboard space required in order to house a red beach ball in the kitchen cupboard below. Especially when the other products offered don't need it!

Are you saying the overall size of boiler has now increased on the rapid to house the expansion vessel?

My understanding was that they could wiggle it in to the existing case (which was the main reason for changing to a centred flue!)

If it's the existing case, then without the rear jig it makes it a nice compact and solid unit.

The casing is slightly deeper to accommodate the expansion vessel ( 30mm according to the spec sheet I have )
No I didn't see the rapid but got given a brochure - looks like a hre with built in exp and they now use wilo pumps

also, on your website it says including rear spacing frame? What's that for then?

I'm guessing it permits you to run the pipework from above in behind the boiler, but will check tomorrow.

Sorry, this has taken a few days to run down.

If you are flueing left, right or vertically, and you are bringing pipework up from the bottom, you can throw away the spacer frame.

If you are bringing the pipework down from above, the spacer frame allows room for this.

However, if you are flueing out the back, you also need the spacer frame. When you put the elbow on the turret, its quite close to the wall, and without the spacer frame, the joint between turret elbow and flue would be a few mm into the wall. My understanding is that this contravenes UK regs (not inspectable) and I guess that in Holland, either they have different regs, or they use vertical flues more than we do.

They are working on a tighter turret bend which will obviate the need for the spacer frame. In the meantime, you get the spacer frame as a freebie.

Ray

Thanks Ray, helpful as always.

Could you enquire in to any leverage on the warranty for platinum installers?

Appreciate there would be an additional cost.

Thanks Ray, helpful as always.

Could you enquire in to any leverage on the warranty for platinum installers?

Appreciate there would be an additional cost.

I can ask. The worst thing they can say is "no".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sponsored thread - Intergas now in stock in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back