Discuss South West Plumbers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jackplumb

What do plumbers in the South West charge per hour/day?

Probably a bit less than plumbers in London.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Boiler service = 2 chickins, Replace tap washer = 1Lb carrotts, Boiler replacement = bag of spuds and 3 turnnips, ( but keep getting undercut ! some people doing it just for the turnnips,) Full install could run into a full sheep ! top of the range boiler may add on 2 Doz eggs, But i could be over chargeing with the eggs .

Hi Rodger, would you like to trade some eggs for a couple pints of cider ??

Never get anywere near that in this area (Plymouth) you would struggle to get it for gas work, To meny at it in this area cutting prices, young guys liveing at home will work for £8 = £10 even local agenices paying around this rate ! :cuss:

£50 an hour!!!!!

Lucky few here in plymouth get grand a week still most here sat at home waiting for phone to ring and then get under cut

plumbersville around here !!

Hi hammers ! we must be liveing on the wrong planet ! what's a £50 ??

Not realy only £7 an hour. Plumbers beware do not move to Dorset the pay is crap lol

What if you have gas safe are the rates any better in Plymouth?

I might be wrong, I based that on what the two companys I worked for charged, both over £50 and my mate went in on a letting agent contract, told um he'd do labour rates at £35 (plumbing only) and they said wow thats cheap, most people charge £50, I am on the lower side of £50 for privates. That said there seem to be loads and loads of self employed guys round were I live and the ones with cheap prices signwritten all over thier vans are bound to bring down the price

I charge £20 in newton abbot and there are guys more expensive and some cheaper and some havent got any work.The expensive guys dont get repeat work from their customers.

Problem is where do you draw the line at price ? with overheads ect what is the cut off for turning down a job, years of experiance , expensive equipment to maintain, you are getting the P*** taken by customers / employers / agencies and the i want to play at being a plumber muppets ! earnings now less than 10 years ago, maybe time to look for another way to earn a liveing, Banking / stockbroker after all must be vacanices ! lots have left to become Plumbers lol, :wacko:

I charge £20 in newton abbot and there are guys more expensive and some cheaper and some havent got any work.The expensive guys dont get repeat work from their customers.

£20 is far to cheap imo, I think the job is too hard, to stressfull and to skilled to be charging that sort of price. Mabee on a day rate or subbying for a company. Trouble is it sounds like everyone is undercutting everyone else which at the end of the day is bad for all of us.

People will always need plumbing and gas works done.

Prob about right tho down here at mo ,

thing is by time take tax and all your expenses out you prob earn about £11 per hour in the bank

On a callout it is £50 for the first hour then £20 for every hour after that.
Dont forget you may be elligible for working tax credit

Tax credit sounds good ! bet their's a 1001 reasons why you cant get it .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to South West Plumbers. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

As recommended by the welcome email, hello all, my name is James Pirie and I am not a plumber but a keen DIY enthusiast mostly due to the severe...
Replies
Views
Morning. I have a leak. It’s coming from the connector pipe….the picture shows the pipe. It is a cold water pipe going in to the back of my...
Replies
Views
C
Looking for someone to join a motivated dynamic team of 7 engineers. Based in South West and Central London. Conpany has been running for four...
Replies
Views
Clemmie
C
We are looking for Commercial Gas Engineers to join a Major company on various projects around South of England primarily working on Gas Service /...
Replies
Views
A
Hi guys I finished my gas course in September can anyone help me i need to do 2 install and services. Am living i ln leeds west yorkshire I do...
Replies
Views
Ahmad marian
A
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock