Discuss Soil stack reduction in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

JockoJr

Can I go from a four inch drain pipe then reduce the soil stack to 3 inches(just under the subfloor below the bathroom floor) then go back to four inch in the attic - above the bathroom?

I need 1 inch of room for a 30 by 60 tub - the soil stack is pvc and I need to reduce it to 3 inches in the bathroom - to make room for the tub.

I'm restricted by a load bearing wall -main beam!

What goes through this soil stack at that point?
If it’s only one toilet then it’s fine, if it serves multiple toilets then no.
If it’s just the vent pipe then it’s fine too.

This is practically speaking and I’m based in uk, I’m guessing you are USA where you’ll need to abide by your state’s plumbing code.

Reply to Soil stack reduction in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, We're in the process of upgrading 2 bathrooms in our house: the ensuite and the family bathroom. These adjoin one another. The ensuite is...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a house that is 20yr old. There is a single soil stack running from the top floor (of three) through the first floor bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3...
Replies
Views
I'm remodeling our master bath. We have two 30 inch vanities with a 24 inch open space between them. Drain pipes go down into the basement of...
Replies
Views
Morning all, as always can never find an exact existing thread / discussion where I don't feel like I'm making one too many assumptions. Can I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock