Discuss Smart Thermostats, Another ''Scam''? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

village idiot

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
So far, I have fitted 5 Tado smart Thermostats, but the one I fitted in my backyard is sending my head in a SPIN?
The app shows you how much you are saving daily by using Tado, absolutely brilliant, if you are prepared to belief it???
I have programmed it so that at 7am, room temperature should be 21degrees. Last night, at 2am, Tado turns heating on. Temperature at the time, 19degrees. So Tado is saying that it needs to heat the house up over a 5hour period by 3degrees? Am I missing something? I had to turn it off to the manual setting.
I actually want the house to be 21degrees at 6:30am. For that, Tado turns boiler on at 3:30 am? So I move the time to 7am, Tado turns boiler on at 4am? So I move the time to 8am, and Tado turns heating on at 4:15am????
I have had nights when Tado has turned heating on because: There is no internet link, so Tado switches back to the last setting it had contact with before link was lost? So if you were on holiday, Tado could be heating up your house without your knowledge? How is that saving you 30% on your heating bill? Madness.
Nest is no different. It claims to be a ''Learning Thermostat''. One of the feautures is that it senses no movement at home, then switches off heating. Well, if you have an office at home and sat at your desk for a long period without walking past the stat, Nest will turn off your heating. Great

I'm confused , but sounds like a bit of a Ta Do ..
( Local hospital turns lights off if sit still long-enough )

Atag Brain Q was doing the same thing years ago, so was optimum start by honeywell

When I wake up at 6:20 in the morning, and check Tado, it tells me that my Tado bill so far (for the day) is £0.14 as opposed to £0.68. Now, that isn't remotely true as my traditional stat would have kicked in at 6am whereas Tado has been up and running for 3 hrs? Jokers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smart Thermostats, Another ''Scam''? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock