Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Smaller hot water tank or two under sink instantaneous water heaters? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I own a two bedroom holiday let wooden lodge. The bathroom has a very strange two third length bath with a step in it and an overhead Mira Sport power shower. There is a large 115 litre hot water cylinder with two immersion heater elements (one is for "boost" purposes) in a cupboard serving the kitchen sink, the bathroom handbasin and the bath.

I plan to replace the bath with a conventional shower cubicle. Someone has suggested removing the large hot water cylinder and placing unvented mains pressure under sink water heaters under the kitchen sink and the bathroom handbasin. This would free up much needed cupboard space allowing me to install a fridge/freezer which would gain me an extra "Visit Britain" star.

Does this idea of utilising under sink water heaters make sense or would I be better advised to just replace the 115 litre hot water cylinder with a much smaller cylinder?

Depending on how the shower was piped ( elec or off the cylinder) I would keep the cylinder

What does the Heating.
Could you not use a combi boiler ?
Does it have to be electric ?
I agree with Shauncorbs above, I'm just curious

I'm pretty sure the smallest UV cylinder you can buy is 70ltr, which stands 802mm FFL to top of cylinder so wont save you much room.

I personally would keep the unvented cylinder set up you have and alter the bath, why spend money if everything is working fine just to gain an extra star? weigh up the installation cost of removing the UV cylinder and converting to a multipoint heater to the extra star return! IE how long will it take to see you money back and then a Profit.

I'm pretty sure the smallest UV cylinder you can buy is 70ltr, which stands 802mm FFL to top of cylinder so wont save you much room.
I don't think that 70 litres is the smallest you can get. Have a look at the Hyco SF15K and the Redring EW15 & MW15. Incidentally, can anyone explain the difference between the latter two appliances?

I personally would keep the unvented cylinder set up you have and alter the bath, why spend money if everything is working fine just to gain an extra star?
Actually, the extra star does seem to make a significant difference when people are choosing between places to stay. Additionally, the very odd bath was not unreasonably described by a recent guest as "neither use nor ornament"

Weigh up the installation cost of removing the UV cylinder and converting to a multipoint heater to the extra star return!
I don't understand this proposal at all, could you explain please?

Many thanks for the feedback to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Smaller hot water tank or two under sink instantaneous water heaters? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock