Discuss Small Vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

Hello

I am wanting to get some info on the pros and cons of vans out there. I need a smallish van and was thinking of one of the following:

Vaux combo

Citroen nemo or berlingo

Vw caddy

I will do about 10k miles per yr, so not that much mileage.

I want to carry ladders and be able to get white goods in the back.

Anyone got any recommendations ?

Vauxhall are bringing nout a New Combo, basically the new Fiat Doblo with a different badge on it! Had a look when I was getting my Movano serviced. VW will cost you for that badge on the front, French little vans seem to be good on the juice, there is a Kangoo hybrid coming out too......

I brought an astra van, ladders didn't fit very well so brought some telascopic ones, 3mtres of tube will fit in if you push it at an angle twords the footwell, same with the berlingo, have had 2 of them

combo is awful.imo. windowscreen too big and makes you look like postman pat.

fiat doblo its a big small van does over 40mpg and cheap for the reg.

vw caddy nice but parts very expensive, keep the value well and good for over 200k.

i would go for a land rover.

I have a fiat doblo, very impressed. Space wise, mpg, nippy, all good as far as I'm concerned. Would have another one.

it realy depends what type of work your doing since you mention white goods id look for a van with a side loading door as once 7ou stick a washing machine in a van without one you wont get at anything easily

Have a Doblo, very spacious IMO. Only downside is don't really have any guts when pulling away at roundabouts etc

I got plenty for my money with the doblo. Twin side loading doors (very handy), air con, cd player and elec windows. Wife had a laugh at the last three bits, but with the length of time I'm in the van I might as well be comfy :)

Ford Connects are quite good too, especially the LWB version. With the proper roof rack you can transport full sheets of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Small Vans in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all. I know this is a long shot, but within the next 6 months I would like to sell our 2x VW Crafter vans and purchase 2 new vans on a leasing...
Replies
Views
N
Volkswagen Caddy C20 Plus SDi 36,300 miles (may rise slightly until I get my company van) Air con Elec mirrors Traction control factory CD player...
Replies
Views
IDCHAPPY
I
P
Hi guys, I am thinking of getting a van soon as the Fiesta is a bit small for carrying tools. I was originally thinking of a Transit or Trafic...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
I'm not a car person and know jack all - so rather than get shafted looking for bargains I thought it best to hedge my bets and go for a...
Replies
Views
D
Apologies if this is in the wrong section ... and sorry for long post! I'm on the hunt for a new Ford Transit. I'm not interested in other...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock