Search the forum,

Discuss Sink leaking; unknown part name causing the issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Please see the attached photo - the part causing the issue is circled in red. We have taken apart the sink and cleaned out all the pipes as we thought that was causing the issue. But the issue remains. When the sink is draining the water floods up around the two small flexible pipes you can see (red and white) and down into the cupboard below. Those two small pipes just slot into the holes in the top of the part.

This just started happening; have lived here for over 2 years and never had any leaking issues before. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• 20200609_144256[1].jpg.png
    20200609_144256[1].jpg.png
    850.2 KB · Views: 18
Somebody has drilled two holes in the blanking plate for the two hoses to pass through which I guess are drain pipes for something and because it was ok until now I would say the pipe downstream is not clearing as it was so restricting the passage of water.

Somebody has drilled two holes in the blanking plate for the two hoses to pass through which I guess are drain pipes for something and because it was ok until now I would say the pipe downstream is not clearing as it was so restricting the passage of water.

Thanks for getting back to me - out of interest, do you think that getting a new blanking plate would resolve the issue? We're not sure why the plate has holes in it at all - the two pipes that go into it are extremely thin and very little water passes through them.

We took the pipes apart to clear away the sediment that had built up - there was a lot of gunk in there. But that hasn't helped at all so it's not really clear why the downstream isn't clearing.

Thanks for getting back to me - out of interest, do you think that getting a new blanking plate would resolve the issue? We're not sure why the plate has holes in it at all - the two pipes that go into it are extremely thin and very little water passes through them.

We took the pipes apart to clear away the sediment that had built up - there was a lot of gunk in there. But that hasn't helped at all so it's not really clear why the downstream isn't clearing.
A new blanking plate would solve the issue however you are only storing up a bigger problem for sooner or later as the water isn`t flowing away as it should, out of interest what are the two pipes from?

Reply to Sink leaking; unknown part name causing the issue in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I have been a plumber for 3 years now, I haven't come across many issues with water hammer so I'm not to sure what to do. it happens on the hot pipework, more specifically the hot taps in the bathroom (basin and bath). but it only seems to happen when I open the hot tap to a...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise coming from my copper water pipes when no water is being used? It basically sounds like the noise you hear after the water shuts off when your toilet bowl...
Replies
Views
Hi I need some advice as this has been ongoing since august and nobody can find a problem but meantime water is damaging my walls. The lady upstairs had a plumber in July who relocated her washbasin shower and fitted a new radiator.He caused a bad leak and came to fix it in august and I thought...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I would really appreciate your eyes on these pictures - What do you see ? Does anything look strange about the Rockwool insulation to you? I suspect that my long ongoing rotting veg/sewage smell is caused by a fault in this connection that has been hidden from previous inspections...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock