Search the forum,

Discuss Sime ecomfort. No hot water unless heating is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

MK Heating

Gas Engineer
From cold with no heating on, open hot water tap, plunger comes out of diverter valve, valve meets micro switch, switch makes, pump runs then... nothing. Doesn't go any further than that.

If the heating been on a while then warm water comes from the tap. Boiler doesn't fire though

The fact the pin is moving from the diverter freely suggests it's not that? Micro switch I've had out and tested to be sure. Coupled with the fact the pump runs I know that's ok.

Could it be the thermistor? That's where I've arrived at. Couldn't find the values anywhere to test it

Thank you in advance!

You'll know roughly by testing thermistors without exact values. Is there a HW thermistor on this boiler? Sounds like ignition should be happening... Good luck, had a few Simes to work on! Parts cost a small fortune, if somethings big goes I usually look to replace the boiler

Have you got voltage to fan ? if yes its the fan / If no check cable to fan does fan run for heating ??

Fan runs fine on the heating. The heating will run all day. It's just the hot water that it won't fire on.

Followed the fault finding chart to no avail. Is it a 2 sped fan?

Was thinking if it's a 2 speed fan then maybe the faster of the 2 has packed in. Booked to go and have a 2nd look at it tomorrow. More time spent but it's all experience isn't it

Probably better to speak to sime Tec wile your in front of unit so you can carry out checks and they can talk you through it could be a PCB fault

Update for anyone who searches this in the future.

Went back today and found when demand for heating or hot water is present and after the pump starts, the fan gets a few very short pulses of 240v, this continues with the duration of the pulses getting longer for about 5 mins before the fan eventually splutters to life. Once it's running it runs fine. The fan relay in the board however is roasting hot. New pcb is £302 from my supplier so recon ordered off eBay at customers request.

Will see how that goes when it arrives.

I don't know how they can justify these stupid PCB prices. Am I missing something? Are they made super tough to endure heat or something therefore more expensive? I hope the PCB works for you. Rant over :)

Always a bit hit & miss getting referb stuff, as long has customer knows if its faulty you will charge again to replace it and that you wont put any sort of warranty on what you do, I always tell customer that if they want to purchase own parts then anything that is wrong with them is there responsibility and that they will be charged for any calls I need to make

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Sime ecomfort. No hot water unless heating is on in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
M
I've got a heating boiler which heats up the water in a tank located in a cupboard upstairs and then from there I get hot water & hearing. I get hot water ok but the heating doesn't come on when turning the thermostat to a higher temperature. I've got a 2 way motorized diverter valve which would...
Replies
Views
Hi,

Our heating stopped working today. We've got a Veissmann boiler that's under a year old, and an older Megaflow cylinder, and two diverter valves (all about 10 years old). We also use a Hive thermostat.

When I boost the hot water with Hive, the receiver near the boiler shows it's...
Replies
Views
When I put the central heating on the hot water gets drawn through the pump but is then being diverted straight back to the boiler instead of the rads What is this, and how likely is it that it is faulty? That sits in between the hot water to the rads and hot water to the hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock