Discuss Silicon remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
i usually pick off or cut off what i can then get meths on a rag and gently rub it off (doesnt mark either). with silicone remover be careful it doesn't damage the finish if its plastic.test it on a hidden bit first.

Hi whyme sorry if I'm being ignorant, but do you methanol by meth

I generally use this little fella for scraping: Purdy 6-in-1 Painters Surface Preparation Tool | Knives & Scrapers | NoLinkingToThis combined with a glass scraper and meths as mentioned already seems to work for me, just need to be careful with the scraper and blades as it's so easy to get carried away and put a big scratch in whatever you trying to clean!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Silicon remover in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please can someone tell me the best way of removing a siliconed folding support rail that has been siliconed to a tiled bathroom wall at my mums...
Replies
Views
Hi I had to remove the glass panels from this quadrant shower cubicle and I'm struggling to get one of the screens back in place properly. The...
Replies
Views
hi all, hope you are all well, i was just about to start siliconing my shower tray (long running project) and found the exp date on the tube FEB...
Replies
Views
Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm Birmingham Area Initial problem Burst pipe underground in bathroom, concrete. Have had this dug up...
Replies
Views
My bathroom Basin was installed some years ago by a professional plumber. For whatever reason, the waste was fitted using silicone rather than...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock