Discuss Showerhead : constantly clogged : hard brown scale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bobmac

Hi to all,

Any suggestions / solution re the following problem would be greatly appreciated (I will try to give as much detail as I can)...

My showerhead (Electric Pumped Triton t90) is constantly getting clogged with a hard brown scale (to look at is very like little bits of tobacco). Now I'm not sure if this is just typical limescale as I thought that was a white / gray colour. The shower is gravity fed from cold water storage tank in the attic.
When we moved into the house a year ago it was new, so the water system hadn't been used before. The showerhead got blocked firstly after around 3 months, then again after 2 months then 6 weeks etc and eventually at this stage is getting blocked every week. Soaking in Vinegar does clear the head ok. I looked in the filter within the shower unit itself and this is clear so the prob is being caused when the water is heated in the unit itself before travelling through to the showerhead.

Is this just limescale or something else and what (if any) solutions are there to solve this problem. I can live with cleaning the showerhead every week but am worried that this stuff might damage the washing machine or dish washer also.

Having looked on the web I came across the Hydroflow hs38 which sounds good for limescale prevention. Is the problem I describe simply limescale and does anyone have any experience of the hydroflow or other methods of preventing this build up that they could recommend?

Again any help appreciated....

Bob McD

Hello mate,
Hope you still dont have this problem, I know this is an embarrassing situation if you get a blocked shower. If the shower is blocked, water will not pass through the shower drain easily, most of the time water starts gathering on the floor. There are few reasons begind the cause of blocked shower. Hair is a one of the most common reasons of causing blocked shower. Excess hair gathers together and grabs dust from the water flow that gradually reduces the surface of the pipe. If this cycle gets long time, certainly you will get a blocked shower. Soap scum is another reason that can cause blocked shower. Soap water contains dust, oil, fat.. It forms scum with the help of tap water and available elements in soap water. The result is a gray layer in certain places of the showers room. If these are left for long time, they form in hard to move structure and can cause your shower blocked.

To get rid of [DLMURL="http://www.drdraino.com.au/services--solutions/blocked-shower"]blocked shower[/DLMURL] problem you should visit [DLMURL="http://www.drdraino.com.au"]Drain Cleaning Service: Blocked Drain, Sewer, Shower, Sinks, Toilet Cleaning[/DLMURL]. I think that would be helpful for you.

Cheers mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Showerhead : constantly clogged : hard brown scale in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock