Currently reading:
shower won't turn off!

Discuss shower won't turn off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

debby

Hi everyone I am new to this site and hope someone might be able to help. I have an architeckht tower shower and it won't turn off. I can't find anywhere to purchase a new shut off cassette. Has anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you Joe,
sorry to be ignorant but what is the service valve? Is it a company that supplies new valves? I am trying to buy a new cassette for this shower. I have managed to still use the shower by selecting a position on the diverter that we don't have and it works but it would be much nicer to just use the off dial rather than mess about turning 2 dials!
Kind regards Debby

No the service valve is the isolation valve that stops the flow of water. You need to look for it. It might be in your tiles but should be under your bath. Pull the panel out if it you have one. You need to get a screwdriver and turn it to shut the water off.

Thank you for your help, I do know where the shut off valve is but that's not really what I was asking about. What I want to know is does anyone know of a replacement cassette that I can use or where I can get a spare for my model of shower only I bought it from Plumbworld and they don't carry spares for it. I have googled the model but have found no-one selling spares. Is there another brand of cassette that fits this model that anyone has come across? It is an Architeckt tower shower.

Thanks Tom,
had not thought of that, don't know why cos it is so sensible!
Kind Regards Debby

Have now tried to find an address for Architeckt but it would seem that Plumbworld are the only stockists and there website gives you an email address for an import company who are the people who I have emailed with the problem before. I am therefore stuck going round in circles getting nowhere fast! I'm sure that it must be possible to put a new cassette in the blinking thing but there seem to be hundreds of different ones, it is really frustrating. Even more so because the shower is lovely to use, apart from it now won't turn off!

Last edited by a moderator:
you will need the correct cartridge as they are not universal, i am guessing it is out of warranty? is so your only hope is to hassle the manufacturer but hopefully a bit of pressue on plumb world may help

Hi Tom,
yes regrettably it is out of warranty. Will try Plumbworld as they seem to be the only importers via the agent but have had no luck so far. It just seems daft to produce an item without making spares. Perhaps that's the idea so you have to replace the whole darn thing when something wears out! I hate it when that sort of thing happens, it just seems so wasteful of our planets resources and fills landfill in needless and unnecessary ways, just for the want of a few spare parts!

Debby

Hi Joe, it is an Avus aluminium tower shower. I looked at the thread you sent me, it would seem that Plumbworld need to be continually hassled to get anywhere! Guess I wont be buying another one of this make in the future!
Kind Regards
Debby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower won't turn off! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back