Discuss Shower waste - water very slow to drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

btmck

Hi, water from my shower tray has started to drain very slowly, I investigated the drain but can't work out how the water escapes, there is no outlet hole in the bottom part of the drain that threads onto the top part of the drain (hope that makes sense, I am perplexed as to how the water has ever escaped!! I am no plumber or DIY expert but I really can't see what is happening here, any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

hi, welcome to he forums. the shower waste sounds like it needs cleaning. it is basically a tube within a tube, what you can see when you look down into it is the bottom of the inner tube.
shower-tray-waste-outlet-integral-waste-trap-[2]-3320-p.jpg
like this.

Sometimes there is a exit hole in the side that is smaller and higher up than you expect. Unblocked one the other day with a bent wire coathanger but it took ages, couldn`t get under the shower tray due to tiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower waste - water very slow to drain in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Please see attached pic. . . . I would like to replace the drain cover in my ensuite shower. Also, I am hoping, if possible, to replace the top...
Replies
Views
Hi, I need some help on this shower drain installation. I’m about to install a corner shower kit in my basement bathroom. But I just found out the...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
J
Hi, I've installed a macerator a while ago to manufactures specs, toilet, sink and shower. One problem I've always had is the shower tray is slow...
Replies
Views
I've got an issue with the shower tray not being totally flat. As you can see from the photos, it is about 7mm out at one side. It's leaning...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock