Discuss shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

chris_j_lowe

hi all just got a mortgage and currently in the middle of some renovations. the main bedroom has an en suite, the hot feed of which tees off from the hot feed to the bath (both on same floor) and the cold is fed directly from its own cwsc in the loft next to the main cwsc. the hot water tank is situated on the same level as the bathroom and en suite and the hot water pressure is awful! my question is if i were to install a pump to supply the bath and en suite shower, where would be the best place to situate the pump? im looking at getting a Stuart Turner Showermate Eco Pump 2 Bar Single pump, would this satisfy my needs?

thanks in advance

chris

Unlikely!
I'd recommend a twin pump, either positive or negative head dependent on your pipework configuration.

i agree much better to have a twin impeller pump to achieve a balanced flow to the shower and bath

what would be the situation you need a negative pump? im not completely sure of the whole layout of my system as yet cos it looks confusing but if i were to install a pump just after the hot and cold outlets of the cistern would this give my entire water system better/more even flow? thanks

You need a certain amount of water flow through a pump to make it turn on - if you havent got the required flow you need a negative head pump.
It does sound like the set up you have isn't standard -so might be an idea to get someone to take a look before spending money on pumps etc..

yea thats probably the best idea i expect. not really sure why the cold feed to the en suite shower is taken from a seperate tank! seems like an odd thing to do. the cold feed to the bath/shower in the bathroom is fed from the main tank the pressure from that is great so not really certain why they would add a seperate tank!

It does audio like the set up you have isn't conventional, so might be an concept to get someone to take a look before buying pushes etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to shower pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is...
Replies
Views
I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a water pump to pump water from a storage tank at a constant 3 bar pressure. It's at a campsite I run that's at the bottom of...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar...
Replies
Views
I have a negative head twin impeller Stuart Turner pump feeding hot and cold to three showers, one bath, plus hot to three basin's from my gravity...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock