Discuss Shower pump not starting for ages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. How long does it take to run up a diagram like that? And I guess it can then be rotated and viewed from any angle? Nice...

Yes, there's little extra 'head' height that could be gained there and it would be a gamble on whether it would be enough on its own to ensure good pump performance from your existing pump. So it looks as tho' the most reliable solutions would be as Chalked says.

As for the pulsing, it's clearly not down to a lack of flange as you have one fitted. A powerful pump like yours will cause a sudden drop in pressure in the cylinder and pipework as it quickly fires up, tho', so I suspect that's still behind that issue; if you can imagine the cylinder walls and pipes being fractionally drawn in (I'm talking a tiny amount) and then springing back out - that can set up that pulsing cycle especially when the pump is on the borderline of being triggered in the first place. That's my theory anyways...

Let us know what you try and whether it works. A negative-head pump almost certainly will.

(3 bar is pretty powerful - do you use all that power and flow? If not - if you've always found it 'too' much - then perhaps consider a 2 bar or even less instead; it'll be more gentle on your system and I'd imagine less likely to cause the pulsing problem. But, take the advice of the pro you get in for the job.)

Wow. How long does it take to run up a diagram like that? And I guess it can then be rotated and viewed from any angle? Nice...

Yes, there's little extra 'head' height that could be gained there and it would be a gamble on whether it would be enough on its own to ensure good pump performance from your existing pump. So it looks as tho' the most reliable solutions would be as Chalked says.

As for the pulsing, it's clearly not down to a lack of flange as you have one fitted. A powerful pump like yours will cause a sudden drop in pressure in the cylinder and pipework as it quickly fires up, tho', so I suspect that's still behind that issue; if you can imagine the cylinder walls and pipes being fractionally drawn in (I'm talking a tiny amount) and then springing back out - that can set up that pulsing cycle especially when the pump is on the borderline of being triggered in the first place. That's my theory anyways...

Let us know what you try and whether it works. A negative-head pump almost certainly will.

(3 bar is pretty powerful - do you use all that power and flow? If not - if you've always found it 'too' much - then perhaps consider a 2 bar or even less instead; it'll be more gentle on your system and I'd imagine less likely to cause the pulsing problem. But, take the advice of the pro you get in for the job.)

Thanks again .I think I'll get a negative head pump .If I'd only listened to pro who did all the replumbing and bathroom installations 3 years ago I would have an unvented hot water cylinder which might have been better . A little knowledge is worse than none as they say .

If you have good mains pressure and flow, then an unvented cylinder gives great performance, and no pump in sight.

Good luck with your solution - it should be fine.

Thanks everyone for the advice. I got a negative head pump and everything is fine. Why doesnt everyone get negative head pumps just in case? Its miraculous.

extra cost and hope theres enough flow for a pos pump :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Shower pump not starting for ages in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock