Discuss Should UFH be nearly scalding at floor with Vinyl (LVT)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All.

I'm pretty sure the answer to the above is "no".

I've recently had UFH installed, with a mixture of porcelain (kitchen) and LVT (lounge). I have a mixture of neoStat wall stats but no floor probes. (I was never advised to get such). The UFH in lounge is sitting in Polypipe Boards and in scree in kitchen.

Now that we actually (post-heatwave) need the UFH, we've noticed that the LVT is "spongy" and almost too hot to stand on.

I assume this means the temperature is way too high? That, or there isn't enough substrate between pipes and LVT.

What's the best way to address this while ensuring performance (i.e. that it's still hot enough to warm the tiled areas). Should I ask the installer to reduce the temperature? Should I insist on lifting things up and fitting floor probes (which sounds painful)?

Many thanks in advance.

There should be a temp gauge on the manifold what's this set at also any pics of the manifold

There should be a temp gauge on the manifold what's this set at also any pics of the manifold

Many thanks for replying. Do these help?

IMG_1885.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

Yes that's running way to hot 65 dc through the under floor way way too hot can cause problems for your floor

Get the people back who installed it

@Uheat – Jake

Yes that's running way to hot 65 dc through the under floor way way too hot can cause problems for your floor

Get the people back who installed it

@Uheat – Jake

Thank you. One quick thing. Isn't 65 dc the input temperature (from the boiler) and 53 the temp going into the floor? Am I mis-reading things? (Of course, 53 dc may well still be too hot). Thanks again!

Turn the thermostat ( black knob that’s upside down) slowly, while the heating is on, until you get a constant 40 degrees. On the top dial. Then adjust each flow restrictor, until the return temp gauge reads around 7 degrees lower.
Takes a bit of time to do, but will work correctly.

A
So looks like the actuators are on manual. They should face the other way. Turn clockwise to put onto auto.

Also doesn't look balanced

A
So looks like the actuators are on manual. They should face the other way. Turn clockwise to put onto auto.

Hi. Just so I'm clear, because the heating is responding to the neoStats. What do the actuators do? Are they not being controlled by the wiring attached to the neoStats? Thanks

Reply to Should UFH be nearly scalding at floor with Vinyl (LVT)? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi everyone, we have a 1920s house with solid brick walls. The small front carpeted lounge (1.9 combined tog of underlay/carpet) with its own UFH...
Replies
Views
J
We’ve had a UFH system installed as part of our home renovation which is run alongside our existing radiators. Some of it is in rooms with LVT...
Replies
Views
JSlippy
J
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially...
Replies
Views
Hi all! So yes, Richter level 7 earthquake at least. I need to plan an underfloor heating for a 4x4 expedition/overlanding off-road vehicle, and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using mu UFH for the first time and it doesn’t seems to get the whole floor warm enough let alone the room. (Intalled May 2022). First...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock