Search the forum,

Discuss Septic gases in crawl space from gap in pipe. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

A family member had a sewer line collapse, which brought to light several issues with their plumbing.

There is a 1/4 gap in the sewer line where a 3 inch pipe and 90 sits on another 4 inch 90 going into the ground.

How concerned should this family member be about septic gases in the crawl space?

Attachments

• DSC00547.JPG
    DSC00547.JPG
    603.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Needs fixing by a plumber. Use someone competent, it may not be an easy fix; if it were, it wouldn't have been botched like that in the first place.

Sewer gas is nasty stuff. If the crawl space is not adequately ventilated it should be purged before entering.

Is the pipe also leaking looks like toilet paper around it, that could be why they are so many flies around it. It might be because of the collapse it would be blocked and found a exit at that bend. Apart from the septic gases there is a health issue with these flies this needs fixed. I'm not a plumber or a expert but have done a fair bit of drainage work in the past, this is shocking bit of work. Like the post above this will not be a easy fix.

Reply to Septic gases in crawl space from gap in pipe. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Just started gound work on self build bungalow and wondering best way to do below ground soil pipes. For toilet I was going to go straight down...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock